What CDC Does About Bird Flu
A new web page highlights CDC’s work to prevent and control avian influenza viruses that pose a potential threat to human health. Areas of emphasis include monitoring for human infections with avian influenza viruses, research and risk assessments specific to certain viruses, and efforts to enhance preparedness and response capacities.
Avian Influenza Related Links
- National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Influenza Division
- CDC One Health Global Activities
- Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), Influenza Division
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Avian Influenza Information
General information about avian influenza and instructions on how to report dead birds
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
Information about avian influenza in the Northern Hemisphere and materials related to protecting the U.S. from avian influenza importation.
- World Health Organization WHO Avian Influenza website
Information about current outbreaks throughout the world
- World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) website
Information about infections among poultry and other animals throughout the world
- United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization: Avian Influenza
Food safety issues related to the current avian influenza outbreaks throughout the world