Genomics & Precision Health Database| the Genomics & Health Impact Weekly Scan|PHGKB
Last Update Date: Aug 31, 2020
Non-Genomics Precision Health Update
The latest information and publications on the impact of big data science, machine learning and predictive analytics on public health.
- Predicting risk of late age-related macular degeneration using deep learning
Y Peng et al, NPJ Digital Medicine, August 27, 2020
- Artificial intelligence manages congenital cataract with individualized prediction and telehealth computing
E Long et al, NPJ Digital Medicine, August 28, 2020
- Digital advantage in the COVID-19 response: perspective from Canada’s largest integrated digitalized healthcare system
DC Baumgart et al, NPJ Digital Medicine, August 31, 2020
- IL-6 and IL-10 as predictors of disease severity in COVID 19 patients: Results from Meta-analysis and Regression
SK Dhar et al, MEDRXIV, August 29, 2020
- Real-time Nowcasting and Forecasting of COVID-19 Dynamics in England: the first wave?
PJ Birrell et al, NEDRXIV, August 31, 2020
- Predicting critical state after COVID-19 diagnosis: Model development using a large US electronic health record dataset
MD Rinderknecht et al, MEDRXIV, August 31, 2020
- External Evaluation of 3 Commercial Artificial Intelligence Algorithms for Independent Assessment of Screening Mammograms
JM Salim et al, JAMA Oncology, August 27, 2020
- SciLens News Platform: A System for Real-Time Evaluation of News Articles
A Romanou et al, ARXIV, AUgust 27, 2020
- Using mobile phone data for epidemiological simulations of lockdowns: government interventions, behavioral changes, and resulting changes of reinfections
SM Muller et al, MEDRXIV, August 28, 2020
- Laboratory findings associated with severe illness and mortality among hospitalized individuals with coronavirus disease 2019 in Eastern Massachusetts
VM Castro et al, MEDRXIV, August 28, 2020
- People with intellectual and developmental disabilities disproportionately affected by COVID-19
NIH, August 28, 2020
- Challenges for the evaluation of digital health solutions—A call for innovative evidence generation approaches
C Guo et al, NPJ Digital Medicine, August 27, 2020
- Revisiting Health Care System Data Priorities to Improve Population Health and Address Inequity
CC Kenyon et al, JAMA Health Forum, August 28 2020
- US racial inequality may be as deadly as COVID-19.
Wrigley-Field Elizabeth et al. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2020 Aug
- The coronavirus is most deadly if you are older and male — new data reveal the risks
S Mallapaty, Nature News, August 28, 2020
- Implementation of an Artificial Intelligence-Based Double Read System in Capturing Pulmonary Nodule Discrepancy in CT Studies.
Tan Jin Rong et al. Current problems in diagnostic radiology 2020 Jul
- Artificial intelligence for decision support in acute stroke - current roles and potential.
Bivard Andrew et al. Nature reviews. Neurology 2020 Aug
- The Need for Developing Technology-enabled, Safe and Ethical Workforce for Healthcare Delivery.
Sarbadhikari S N et al. Safety and health at work 2020 Aug
- Latest Advancements in Artificial Intelligence-Enabled Technologies in Treating Type 1 Diabetes.
Qian Feng et al. Journal of diabetes science and technology 2020 Aug 1932296820949940
- Continuous Learning AI in Radiology: Implementation Principles and Early Applications.
Pianykh Oleg S et al. Radiology 2020 Aug 200038
Disclaimer: Articles listed in Non-Genomics Precision Health Update are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the scientific literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the Clips, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.