Last Posted: May 27, 2017
- Genetic Testing Underway on Virus Behind New Ebola Outbreak
VOA Africa, May 2017
- Rapid deployment of a mobile biosafety level-3 laboratory in Sierra Leone during the 2014 Ebola virus epidemic.
Zhang Yi et al. PLoS neglected tropical diseases 2017 May (5) e0005622
- External quality assessment study for ebolavirus PCR-diagnostic promotes international preparedness during the 2014 - 2016 Ebola outbreak in West Africa.
Ellerbrok Heinz et al. PLoS neglected tropical diseases 2017 May (5) e0005570
- Strategies in Ebola virus disease (EVD) diagnostics at the point of care.
Coarsey Chad T et al. Critical reviews in microbiology 2017 Apr 1-20
- Virus genomes reveal factors that spread and sustained the Ebola epidemic.
Dudas Gytis et al. Nature 2017 Apr
- Rapid detection and quantification of Ebola Zaire virus by one-step real-time quantitative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction.
Ro Young-Tae et al. Microbiology and immunology 2017 Apr (3-4) 130-137
- NIH study of Ebola patient traces disease progression and recovery
NIH News Release, April 12, 2017
- Longitudinal peripheral blood transcriptional analysis of a patient with severe Ebola virus disease
Kash JC, et al. Sci Transl Med, Apr 12, 2017.
- Virus genomes reveal factors that spread and sustained the Ebola epidemic
Dudas G, et al. Nature, Apr 12, 2017.
- Asymptomatic infection and unrecognised Ebola virus disease in Ebola-affected households in Sierra Leone: a cross-sectional study using a new non-invasive assay for antibodies to Ebola virus.
Glynn Judith R et al. The Lancet. Infectious diseases 2017 Feb
- Evaluating novel diagnostics in an outbreak setting: lessons learned from Ebola.
Pollock Nira R et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2017 Mar
- West African Ebola Virus Strains: Unstable and Ready to Invade?
Basler Christopher F et al. Cell host & microbe 2017 Mar (3) 316-318
- Ebola Virus RNA in Semen from an HIV-Positive Survivor of Ebola.
Purpura Lawrence J et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2017 Apr (4)
- Ebola Virus RNA in Semen from an HIV-Positive Survivor of Ebola
LJ Purpura et al, EID, Apri 2017
- A polymorphism within the internal fusion loop of the Ebola virus glycoprotein modulates host cell entry.
Hoffmann Markus et al. Journal of virology 2017 Feb
- Spatial and temporal dynamics of superspreading events in the 2014-2015 West Africa Ebola epidemic.
Lau Max S Y et al. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2017 Feb