From CDC Information Database
This database includes general CDC public health information on specific diseases and health related topics. When available, the database displays genomic information from various CDC web pages. Users are also encouraged to conduct searches of CDC website for additional information.
- Plan Ahead: Folic Acid Can Help Prevent Certain Birth Defects
- CDC Information: Optimal Blood Folate Concentrations for the Prevention of Neural Tube Defects
WHO Guideline at-a-glance
From CDC-Authored Genomics Publication Database
This database contains CDC-authored publications in public health genomics including infectious diseases, newborn screening, reproductive health, genetic testing, cancer, chronic diseases, birth defects and developmental disabilities, environmental and occupational health as well as laboratory, bioinformatics and statistical methods.
- Thymidylate synthase genotype-directed chemotherapy for patients with gastric and gastroesophageal junction cancers.
Goff Laura W et al. PLoS ONE 2014 9(9) e107424
- Preconception folic acid supplementation and risk for chromosome 21 nondisjunction: a report from the National Down Syndrome Project.
Hollis NaTasha D et al. Am. J. Med. Genet. A 2013 Mar 161A(3) 438-44
- Prospective study of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) variant C677T and risk of all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality among 6000 US adults.
Yang Quanhe et al. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2012 May 95(5) 1245-53
- Assessing the influence of 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase polymorphism on folate stability during long-term frozen storage, thawing, and repeated freeze/thawing of whole blood.
Fazili Zia et al. Clin. Chim. Acta 2012 Jun 14. 413(11-12) 966-72
- MTHFR 677C->T genotype is associated with folate and homocysteine concentrations in a large, population-based, double-blind trial of folic acid supplementation.
Crider Krista S et al. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2011 Jun 93(6) 1365-72
From Implementation Database
This database focuses on state and national activities that integrate genomics into public health programs and clinical practice
- Genetic Program Manual for Local Health Departments (August, 2008) (Iowa)[PDF 2.45 MB]
[Disease: Multiple Diseases; Type: Tools|Program; State: Illinois]
From HuGE Literature Finder Database
This database contains published literature on genetic associations and other human genome epidemiology
- [Study of polymorphisms of genes related to folic acid metabolism among women of child-bearing age from Shanxi].
Zhonghua yi xue yi chuan xue za zhi = Zhonghua yixue yichuanxue zazhi = Chinese journal of medical genetics 2016 Dec 33 (6): 801-805.
Liang Na, Deng Yang, Zhou Yong
- Genetic Interactions in Nonsyndromic Orofacial Clefts in Europe-EUROCRAN Study.
The Cleft palate-craniofacial journal : official publication of the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association 2016 Dec .
Mossey Peter A, Little Julian, Steegers-Theunissen Regine, Molloy Anne, Peterlin Borut, Shaw William C, Johnson Candice, FitzPatrick David R, Franceschelli Paola, Rubini Miche
- Associations between homocysteine metabolism related SNPs and carotid intima-media thickness: a Chinese sib pair study.
Journal of thrombosis and thrombolysis 2016 Nov .
Sun Kexin, Song Jing, Liu Kuo, Fang Kai, Wang Ling, Wang Xueyin, Li Jing, Tang Xun, Wu Yiqun, Qin Xueying, Wu Tao, Gao Pei, Chen Dafang, Hu Yongh
- Toward optimal set of single nucleotide polymorphism investigation before IVF.
Gynecological endocrinology : the official journal of the International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology 2016 Oct 32 (sup2): 11-18.
Ivanov A V, Dedul A G, Fedotov Y N, Komlichenko E
- Genetic association of the glycine cleavage system genes and myelomeningocele.
Birth defects research. Part A, Clinical and molecular teratology 2016 Sep .
Shah Rita H, Northrup Hope, Hixson James E, Morrison Alanna C, Au Kit Si