Public Health Genomics Knowledge Base (v1.2)
Last Posted: Jan 19, 2017
Last Posted: Jan 19, 2017
- Folic Acid Supplementation for the Prevention of Neural Tube Defects: US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement.
et al. JAMA 2017 Jan 317(2) 183-189
- Plan Ahead: Folic Acid Can Help Prevent Certain Birth Defects
- CDC Folic Acid Page
- Folic Acid Supplementation for the Prevention of Neural Tube Defects US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement
USPSTF, JAMA, January 10, 2017
- BRAF Mutation Testing and Metastatic Colorectal Cancer in the Community Setting: Is There an Urgent Need for More Education?
Price Timothy J et al. Molecular diagnosis & therapy 2016 Feb 20(1) 75-82
- An Update on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome-Pathogenesis, Risks, and Treatment.
Gupta Keshav K et al. Alcoholism, clinical and experimental research 2016 Aug 40(8) 1594-602
- Newborn screening and prophylactic interventions for sickle cell disease in 47 countries in sub-Saharan Africa: a cost-effectiveness analysis.
Kuznik Andreas et al. BMC health services research 2016 16(1) 304
- Bringing clarity to the role of MTHFR variants in neural tube defect prevention.
Stover Patrick J et al. The American journal of clinical nutrition 2015 Jun (6) 1111-2
- Can folic acid have a role in mitochondrial disorders?
Ormazabal Aida et al. Drug discovery today 2015 Nov (11) 1349-54
- High-dose folic acid supplementation alters the human sperm methylome and is influenced by the MTHFR C677T polymorphism.
Aarabi Mahmoud et al. Human molecular genetics 2015 Nov (22) 6301-13
- Preconception folic acid use influences the follicle fluid proteome.
Twigt John M et al. European journal of clinical investigation 2015 Aug (8) 833-41
- Epigenetics in Clinical Practice: Characterizing Patient and Provider Experiences with MTHFR Polymorphisms and Methylfolate.
Oberg Erica et al. Journal of nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics 2015 Oct 8(3) 137-150
- Nutri-epigenomic Studies Related to Neural Tube Defects: Does Folate Affect Neural Tube Closure Via Changes in DNA Methylation?
Rochtus Anne et al. Mini reviews in medicinal chemistry 2015 (13) 1095-102
- Polymorphisms in maternal folate pathway genes interact with arsenic in drinking water to influence risk of myelomeningocele.
Mazumdar Maitreyi et al. Birth defects research. Part A, Clinical and molecular teratology 2015 Sep (9) 754-62
- Findings from the National Birth Defects Prevention Study: Interpretation and translation for the clinician.
Alwan Sura et al. Birth Defects Res. Part A Clin. Mol. Teratol. 2015 Jun 25.
- The cost-effectiveness of UGT1A1 genotyping before colorectal cancer treatment with irinotecan from the perspective of the German statutory health insurance.
Butzke Bettina et al. Acta Oncol 2015 Jun 22. 1-11