Last Posted: Jan 19, 2017
- Don't Let Glaucoma Steal Your Sight!
Family history is a risk factor
- Genetics and genetic testing for glaucoma.
Miller Matthew A et al. Current opinion in ophthalmology 2016 Nov
- The Philadelphia Glaucoma Detection and Treatment Project: Detection Rates and Initial Management.
Waisbourd Michael et al. Ophthalmology 2016 May
- Genome-wide association study identifies five new susceptibility loci for primary angle closure glaucoma
CC Khor et al, Nature Genetics, April 3, 2016
- Researchers Find 3 More Glaucoma-Related Genes
JA Jacob, JAMA, February 25, 2016
- An Updated Review on the Genetics of Primary Open Angle Glaucoma.
Abu-Amero Khaled et al. International journal of molecular sciences 2015 (12) 28886-911
- Glaucoma: Causes and Risk Factors include family history
NIH Senior Health
- Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma in Individuals of African Descent: A Review of Risk Factors.
Salowe Rebecca et al. Journal of clinical & experimental ophthalmology 2015 Aug (4)
- The Genetics and the Genomics of Primary Congenital Glaucoma.
Cascella Raffaella et al. BioMed research international 2015 321291
- Genome-wide association analysis identifies TXNRD2, ATXN2 and FOXC1 as susceptibility loci for primary open-angle glaucoma
JN Cooke Baily et al, Nature Genetics, January 11, 2016
- Advances in glaucoma genetics.
Sakurada Yoichi et al. Progress in brain research 2015 107-26
- Common Molecular Challenges in Glaucoma.
Sarfarazi Mansoor et al. Journal of ophthalmic & vision research (2) 95-7
- Genetics and Early Onset Glaucoma
NIH Genetics Home Reference
- Concise Review: Patient-Specific Stem Cells to Interrogate Inherited Eye Disease.
Giacalone Joseph C et al. Stem cells translational medicine 2015 Dec
- Whole-mitochondrial genome sequencing in primary open-angle glaucoma using massively parallel sequencing identifies novel and known pathogenic variants.
Sundaresan Periasamy et al. Genet. Med. 2014 Sep 18.