Publication Date: Apr 25, 2019
Advanced Molecular Detection Clips Content
- Researchers Explore Pathogenic, Drug-Resistant E. coli Population Adaptation Strategies
GenomeWeb, Apr 23, 2019.
- Credit Card-Sized GI Infection Detection Tech to be Commercialized for Low-Resource Areas
Gilmore J. 360dx, Apr 22, 2019.
EVENTS / TRAINING / WEB RESOURCES
- A Deep Dive into Deep Learning
(blog post) Bruce P. Scientific American, Apr 10, 2019.
- The UK's pandemic influenza research portfolio: a model for future research on emerging infections.
Simpson Colin R et al. The Lancet. Infectious diseases 2019 Apr
- Preparing for the next Ebola outbreak: in-country genomic capacity in Africa.
Happi Anise N et al. The Lancet. Infectious diseases 2019 Apr
CONCEPTS / COMMENTS
- CIM City: The game continues for a better carbapenemase test.
Humphries Romney M et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2019 Apr
- E. coli rolls the dice.
Hofer Ursula et al. Nature reviews. Microbiology 2019 Apr
- Original Antigenic Sin: Friend or Foe in Developing a Broadly Cross-Reactive Vaccine to Influenza?
Devarajan Priyadharshini et al. Cell host & microbe 2019 Mar (3) 354-355
METHODS / TOOLS
- Radiator: a cloud-based framework for deploying re-usable bioinformatics tools
Lo EKW, et al. bioRxiv.org, Apr 20, 2019.
- Benchmarking of alignment-free sequence comparison methods
Zielezinski A, et al. bioRxiv, Apr 16, 2019.
- UltraStrain: An NGS-Based Ultra Sensitive Strain Typing Method for Salmonella enterica .
Yang Wenxian et al. Frontiers in genetics 2019 276
- Full-length de novo viral quasispecies assembly through variation graph construction
Baaijens JA, et al. bioRxiv, Apr 17, et al.
- Comparison of nucleic acid extraction methods for next-generation sequencing of avian influenza A virus from ferret respiratory samples.
Di Han et al. Journal of virological methods 2019 Apr
- Towards high quality real-time whole genome sequencing during outbreaks using Usutu virus as example.
Oude Munnink B B et al. Infection, genetics and evolution : journal of molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics in infectious diseases 2019 Apr
- Issues and current standards of controls in microbiome research.
Hornung Bastian V H et al. FEMS microbiology ecology 2019 May (5)
EVOLUTION / ECOLOGY / POPULATIONS
- Phylogenetic Analysis of Francisella tularensis Group A.II Isolates from 5 Patients with Tularemia, Arizona, USA, 2015-2017.
Birdsell Dawn N et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2019 May (5) 944-946
- Diversification of Colonization Factors in a Multidrug-Resistant Escherichia coli Lineage Evolving under Negative Frequency-Dependent Selection.
McNally Alan et al. mBio 2019 Apr (2)
- Whole genome characterization of feline-like G3P reassortant rotavirus A strains bearing the DS-1-like backbone genes detected in Vietnam, 2016.
Hoa-Tran Thi Nguyen et al. Infection, genetics and evolution : journal of molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics in infectious diseases 2019 Apr 1-6
- Time-scaled phylogeography of complete Zika virus genomes using discrete and continuous space diffusion models.
Ebranati Erika et al. Infection, genetics and evolution : journal of molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics in infectious diseases 2019 Apr 33-43
- Large, stable, contemporary interspecies recombination events in circulating human herpes simplex viruses.
Casto Amanda M et al. The Journal of infectious diseases 2019 Apr
- Comparisons of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope variants in blood and genital fluids near the time of male-to-female transmission.
Williams-Wietzikoski Corey A et al. Journal of virology 2019 Apr
- Molecular Epidemiology of HIV-1 Subtype G in the Russian Federation.
Murzakova Anastasia et al. Viruses 2019 Apr (4)
- Emergence and adaptation of H3N2 canine influenza virus from avian influenza virus: An overlooked role of dogs in interspecies transmission.
He Wanting et al. Transboundary and emerging diseases 2019 Mar (2) 842-851
- Genetic diversity of zoonotic malaria parasites from mosquito vector and vertebrate hosts.
Wong Meng Li et al. Infection, genetics and evolution : journal of molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics in infectious diseases 2019 Apr 26-32
PATHOGENICITY / ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE
- Changing paradigm of antibiotic resistance amongst Escherichia coli isolates in Indian pediatric population.
Singh Taru et al. PloS one 2019 (4) e0213850
- The Importance of Staphylococcus aureus Genotypes in Outcomes and Complications of Bacteremia.
David Michael Z et al. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2019 Apr
- Changing Characteristics of Staphylococcus aureus Bacteremia: Results From a 21-Year, Prospective, Longitudinal Study.
Souli Maria et al. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2019 Apr
- Distinct evolutionary dynamics of horizontal gene transfer in drug resistant and virulent clones of Klebsiella pneumoniae.
Wyres Kelly L et al. PLoS genetics 2019 Apr (4) e1008114
- International genomic definition of pneumococcal lineages, to contextualise disease, antibiotic resistance and vaccine impact.
Gladstone Rebecca A et al. EBioMedicine 2019 Apr
- Pan-genomic and Polymorphic Driven Prediction of Antibiotic Resistance in Elizabethkingia
Naidenov B, et al. bioRxiv, Apr 18, 2019.
- Gene duplications in the E. coli genome: common themes among pathotypes.
Bernabeu Manuel et al. BMC genomics 2019 Apr (1) 313
- Integrated analysis of population genomics, transcriptomics and virulence provides novel insights into Streptococcus pyogenes pathogenesis.
Kachroo Priyanka et al. Nature genetics 2019 03 (3) 548-559
DETECTION / DIAGNOSIS
- CPHLN recommendations for the laboratory detection of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (O157 and non-O157).
Chui L et al. Canada communicable disease report = Releve des maladies transmissibles au Canada 2018 Nov (11) 304-307
- Potential for Molecular Testing for Group A Streptococcus to Improve Diagnosis and Management in a High-Risk Population: A Prospective Study.
Ralph Anna P et al. Open forum infectious diseases 2019 Apr (4) ofz097
- Integration of genomic and clinical data augments surveillance of healthcare-acquired infections.
Ward Doyle V et al. Infection control and hospital epidemiology 2019 Apr 1-7
- Comparative Evaluation of Enteric Bacterial Culture and a Molecular Multiplex Syndromic Panel in Children with Acute Gastroenteritis.
Kellner Thomas et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2019 Apr
- The use of Online Tools for Antimicrobial Resistance Prediction by Whole Genome Sequencing in MRSA and VRE.
Babiker Ahmed et al. Journal of global antimicrobial resistance 2019 Apr
- Host-response-based gene signatures for tuberculosis diagnosis: A systematic comparison of 16 signatures.
Warsinske Hayley et al. PLoS medicine 2019 Apr (4) e1002786
- Development and validation of plasma miRNA biomarker signature panel for the detection of early HIV-1 infection.
Biswas Santanu et al. EBioMedicine 2019 Apr
- Evaluation and Management of Congenital Chagas Disease in the United States.
Edwards Morven S et al. Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society 2019 Apr
EPIDEMIOLOGY / OUTBREAKS / TRANSMISSION
- Evidence for a new paradigm of gonorrhoea transmission: cross-sectional analysis of Neisseria gonorrhoeae infections by anatomical site in both partners in 60 male couples.
Cornelisse Vincent Jasper et al. Sexually transmitted infections 2019 Apr
- Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 linked to raw drinking milk resolved by rapid application of advanced pathogen characterisation methods, England, August to October 2017.
Treacy Juli et al. Euro surveillance : bulletin Europeen sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin 2019 Apr (16)
- HIV-1 subtype diversity, transmission networks and transmitted drug resistance amongst acute and early infected MSM populations from Coastal Kenya.
Hassan Amin S et al. PloS one 2018 (12) e0206177
- Nipah Virus Sequences from Humans and Bats during Nipah Outbreak, Kerala, India, 2018.
Yadav Pragya D et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2019 May (5) 1003-1006
- How host genetics dictates successful viral zoonosis.
Warren Cody J et al. PLoS biology 2019 Apr (4) e3000217
- Viral infection in primary antibody deficiency syndromes.
Jones Timothy P W et al. Reviews in medical virology 2019 Apr e2049
- A new genomic blueprint of the human gut microbiota.
Almeida Alexandre et al. Nature 2019 Feb
- Protocol for the Gut Bugs Trial: a randomised double-blind placebo-controlled trial of gut microbiome transfer for the treatment of obesity in adolescents.
Leong Karen S W et al. BMJ open 2019 Apr (4) e026174
Note: indicates that at least one CDC-affiliated author; indicates that the article addresses aspects of implementation or evaluation in clinical or public health practice.
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Advanced Molecular Detection Clips are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the scientific literature and news. Inclusion in the clips does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the Clips, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
Advanced Molecular Detection Clips Database|AMD Clips|PHGKB
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario