College eNews: Winter Edition
As you plan your activities for the spring semester, look to us for free resources to help you empower students to make healthy decisions. Throughout the year, we will continue to keep you updated on safety alerts, hot topics and new FDA resources for you to share with your campus community.
Tips for a Healthy New Year
With classes and campus activities back in full swing, it is easy for students to forget their health. Help college women start healthy habits early in the year with these 4 tips.
- Read and share the 4 Tips for a Healthy New Year webpage
- Send this tweet: “Start your spring semester off strong with these 4 tips from @FDAWomen http://go.usa.gov/x8eBx"
Cervical Health Resources
Did you know that at least 50% of people who have had sex will have HPV at some time in their lives. While some kinds of HPV do not cause health problems, other kinds of HPV may cause problems like genital warts. Teach your campus community about HPV facts, prevention and treatment.
- Download the HPV factsheet in English, Spanish and Other Languages
- Read information about the Human Papillomavirus Vaccine
- Send this tweet: “Learn the facts about #HPV http://go.usa.gov/3XNf3"
College Women Social Media Kit
Meet students where they are. Use the College Women’s Social Media Kit for sample messages to use on your social media accounts, blogs and newsletters.
- Download the College Women’s Social Media Toolkit
Bipolar Disorder and Treatments
College can be tough for many students; especially those having to navigate college with a diagnosis of bipolar disorder. Learn the facts about bipolar disorder and the treatments people can take to help manage symptoms.
- Read The Facts on Bipolar Disorder and FDA-Approved Treatments consumer update