REMINDER: SAMHSA To Unveil Key Data on Mental and Substance Use Disorders
September 8, 2016 | 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time
Tomorrow, SAMHSA will unveil key data on mental and substance use disorders at a press conference that will be shown live via webcast.
This national data will be revealed in conjunction with the kickoff for the 27th annual National Recovery Month observance, celebrating individuals throughout the country who have achieved long-term recovery from mental and substance use disorders, and recognizing the contributions of the dedicated men and women who provide treatment and recovery services.
National Recovery Month aims to educate the public that behavioral health is essential to overall health, that prevention works, that treatment for mental and substance use disorders is effective, and that people can and do recover.
The list of speakers includes:
- Kana Enomoto, Principal Deputy Administrator, SAMHSA, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Michael Botticelli, Director, Office of National Drug Control Policy
- Tom Coderre, Chief of Staff, SAMHSA
- Paolo del Vecchio, Director, SAMHSA's Center for Mental Health Services
- Kimberly Johnson, Director, SAMHSA's Center for Substance Abuse Treatment
- Lexi Sandoval, a person in recovery from experiencing mental disorders
- Charlene Payne, a person in recovery from experiencing substance use disorders
|Watch the Webcast Live
For more information, contact the SAMHSA Press Office at 240-276-2130.