Healthy Places is the home page for CDC's Healthy Community Design Initiative (also known as the Built Environment and Health Initiative). The Initiative is part of the National Center for Environmental Health'sDivision of Emergency and Environmental Health Services.
Healthy places are those designed and built to improve the quality of life for all people who live, work, worship, learn, and play within their borders -- where every person is free to make choices amid a variety of healthy, available, accessible, and affordable options.
- User-Generated Commuting Data and Population-Representative Active Commuting Surveillance Data
- Parking Prices and Active Commuting
- 2016 Benchmarking Report
- Parks, Trails and Health Workbook
- Designing, Planning, and Building Healthy Communities
- Curry County HIA Wins National Award
- Healthy Community Design Infographics
Healthy Community Design Topics
Key Focus Areas