From CDC Information Database
This database includes general CDC public health information on specific diseases and health related topics. When available, the database displays genomic information from various CDC web pages. Users are also encouraged to conduct searches of CDC website for additional information.
- Stimulating Implementation Science in Genomics and Precision Medicine for Heart, Lung, Blood and Sleep Diseases: The Case of Familial Hypercholesterolemia
MJ Khoury et al, Blog Post, June 5, 2018
- Evaluating the Impact of Precision Medicine: How Ivacaftor Reduces Hospitalizations of Patients with Cystic Fibrosis
RF Green al, CDC Blog Post, May 8, 2018
- Leap of Faith or Smart Investment? Early Integration of Whole Genome Sequencing in Healthcare Systems
WG Feero et al, CDC Blog Post, Mar 16, 2018
- The Role of Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in Precision Medicine and Public Health Genomics
CDC Public Health Genomics Webinar, March 27, 2018
- Genomics and Precision Medicine: How Can Emerging Technologies Address Population Health Disparities? Join the Conversation.
W Burke et al, CDC Blog Post, Nov 13, 2017
- Precision Public Health and Precision Medicine: Two Peas in a Pod
MJ Khoury, CDC Blog Post 2015
- NIH-CDC Webinar: Precision Medicine and Health Disparities: The Promise and Perils of Emerging Technologies
October 11, 2017: 3:00-4:00 pm EDT, free registration required
- Cancer Precision Medicine: More Population Sciences Ahead!
MJ Khoury et al, CDC blog post 2016
- Precision Medicine: What Does it Mean for Your Health?
- Precision Medicine and Population Health: Dealing with the Elephant in the Room
Khoury MJ and Galea S, CDC Blog Post, August 18, 2016
- The Shift From Personalized Medicine to Precision Medicine and Precision Public Health: Words Matter!
MJ Khoury, CDC Blog Post, April 21, 2016
- Will precision medicine improve public health?
Drs Muin Khoury and Sandro Galea alternative views, NCI seminar, Tuesday, May 3, 2:00pm ? 3:00pm EDT
- Precision Medicine: the Arrival of Genomics to the Clinic is the Beginning of a Longer Journey
Blog Post, Muin J. Khoury and Greg Feero, January 19, 2016
- Engaging Implementation Scientists in Precision Medicine
- Genomic discoveries to clinical applications: Are we reaching an inflection point toward precision medicine?
By W. Gregory Feero, Genomics and Health Impact Blog
- Precision Medicine vs. Public Health: a False Dichotomy?
Ron Zimmern and Muin Khoury, CDC Blog Post, September 28, 2015
- Infectious Diseases: Precision Medicine for Public Health
Marta Gwinn and Duncan MacCannell, Genomics and Health Impact Blog
- When a country cannot be a cohort: Challenges of implementing a large precision medicine cohort study in the United States
- Precision Medicine and Public Health: Improving Health Now While Generating New Knowledge for the Future
- The future of epidemiology in the age of precision medicine: Cancer, cardiovascular disease, and beyond
- Precision Medicine, Implementation Science and Public Health: How Do We Scale Up From 1 Million to 300 Million?
Muin J. Khoury, Blog Post, August 2015
- The Success of Precision Medicine Requires a Public Health Perspective,
by Muin J Khoury, Genomics and Health Impact Blog, January 29, 2015
- CDC Blog Post- Precision Public Health and Precision Medicine: Two Peas in a Pod
Muin Khoury, Office of Public Health Genomics
- CDC National Biomonitoring Program
Assesses nutritional status and the exposure of the U.S. population to environmental chemicals and toxic substances
- CDC National Diabetes Prevention Program
- CDC's Vision for Public Health Surveillance in the 21st Century[PDF 872.86 KB]
MMWR 2012; suppl 61
- CDC Advanced Molecular Detection infectious disease initiative
Will improve the ability of public health to detect outbreaks sooner and respond more effectively, saving lives and reducing cost