Last Posted: Nov 17, 2017
- A single mutation in the prM protein of Zika virus contributes to fetal microcephaly.
Yuan Ling et al. Science (New York, N.Y.) 2017 Sep
- The diversification of Zika virus: Are there two distinct lineages?
Gong Zhen et al. Genome biology and evolution 2017 Oct
- Update: Interim Guidance for the Diagnosis, Evaluation, and Management of Infants with Possible Congenital Zika Virus Infection - United States, October 2017.
Adebanjo Tolulope et al. MMWR. Morbidity and mortality weekly report 2017 Oct 66(41) 1089-1099
- Recent Perspectives on Genome, Transmission, Clinical Manifestation, Diagnosis, Therapeutic Strategies, Vaccine Developments, and Challenges of Zika Virus Research.
Shankar Apoorva et al. Frontiers in microbiology 2017 1761
- Development and evaluation of a rapid molecular diagnostic test for Zika virus infection by reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification.
Kurosaki Yohei et al. Scientific reports 2017 Oct (1) 13503
- Update: Interim Guidance for the Diagnosis, Evaluation, and Management of Infants with Possible Congenital Zika Virus Infection United States, October 2017
Adebanjo T, et al. MMWR, Oct 20, 2017.
- Viral Load and Cytokine Response Profile Does Not Support Antibody-Dependent Enhancement in Dengue-Primed Zika Virus-Infected Patients.
Terzian Ana Carolina Bernardes et al. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2017 10 (8) 1260-1265
- Reverse genetic system, genetically stable reporter viruses and packaged subgenomic replicon based on a Brazilian Zika virus isolate.
Mutso Margit et al. The Journal of general virology 2017 Oct
- Development and evaluation of one-step multiplex real-time RT-PCR assay for simultaneous detection of Zika virus and Chikungunya virus.
Liu Si-Qing et al. Journal of medical virology 2017 Oct
- Safety and Immunogenicity of an Anti-Zika Virus DNA Vaccine - Preliminary Report.
Tebas Pablo et al. The New England journal of medicine 2017 Oct
- Safety and Immunogenicity of an AntiZika Virus DNA Vaccine Preliminary Report
P Tebas et al, NEJM, October 3, 2017
- Rapid antigen tests for dengue virus serotypes and Zika virus in patient serum.
Bosch Irene et al. Science translational medicine 2017 Sep (409)
- A single genetic glitch may explain how Zika became so dangerous
Reuters News, Sep 29, 2017
- How Zika Became So Dangerous For Babies
NPR, All things considered, Sep 28, 2017
- Differential virulence between Asian and African lineages of Zika virus.
Simonin Yannick et al. PLoS neglected tropical diseases 2017 Sep (9) e0005821
- Rapid colorimetric detection of Zika virus from serum and urine specimens by reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP).
Calvert Amanda E et al. PloS one 2017 (9) e0185340