On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Innovation for HIV Vaccine Discovery (R01) (PAR-17-263)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): August 1, 2017; August 1, 2018; August 1, 2019
- Promoting NICHD Areas of Research for HIV/AIDS in Maternal and Child Health (R01) (PA-17-262)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Standard AIDS dates apply
- Innovative Mental Health Services Research Not Involving Clinical Trials (R01) (PAR-17-264)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Standard dates apply
- Translational Outcomes Project in Neurotrauma (TOP-NT) (UG3/UH3) (RFA-NS-17-023)
Application Receipt Date(s): August 21, 2017
- Novel Cell Non-autonomous Mechanisms of Aging (R01) (RFA-AG-18-009)
Application Receipt Date(s): October 3, 2017
- Presolicitation Notice: Request for Proposals (RFP) N01PC65003-74 "Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program" (NOT-CA-17-053)
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
- Nasal Delivery of CNS Therapeutics (R43/R44) (RFA-DA-18-006) and (R41/R42) (RFA-DA-18-007)
Application Receipt Date(s): August 23, 2017
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- The Global Forum on Bioethics in Research (GFBR) meeting, The ethics of alternative clinical trial designs and methods in low- and middle- income country research, will be held in Bangkok, Thailand, November 28-29, 2017. Apply to participate (including full funding, travel and accommodation for LMIC applicants), and submit proposals on case studies, or on guidance and policy issues.
Application deadline: May 30, 2017
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- New "FORMS-E" Grant Application Forms and Instructions Coming for Due Dates on or after January 25, 2018 (NOT-OD-17-062)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Translational Neural Devices Program (U44) (NOT-NS-17-023) and (UG3/UH3) (NOT-NS-17-024)
- Request for Information (RFI): Invitation to Comment on Inclusion in Clinical Research Across the Lifespan (NOT-OD-17-059)
- Notice of Change in the Expiration Date for mHealth Tools for Individuals with Chronic Conditions to Promote Effective Patient-Provider Communication, Adherence to Treatment and Self-Management PA-14-180 (R01) (NOT-NR-17-009) and PA-14-181 (R21) (NOT-NR-17-010)
- Extension of Expiration Date for Innovation Grants to Nurture Initial Translational Efforts (IGNITE):
PAR-15-070 Assay Development and Therapeutic Agent Identification and Characterization to Support Therapeutic Discovery (R21/R33) (NOT-NS-17-020)
PAR-15-071 Pharmacodynamics and In vivo Efficacy Studies for Small Molecules and Biologics/Biotechnology Products (R21/R33) (NOT-NS-17-021)
RFA-NS-16-013 Development and Validation of Model Systems and/or Pharmacodynamic Markers to Facilitate the Discovery of Neurotherapeutics (R21/R33) (NOT-NS-17-022)
- Notice to Extend the Expiration Date for Neurobiology of Migraine PA-14-069 (R21) (NOT-NS-17-026) and (R01) (NOT-NS-17-027)
- International Bioethics Training
Application deadline: May 18, 2017
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowships at NIH
Application deadline: May 31, 2017
- Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program
Application deadline: July 27, 2017
- Fogarty HIV Research Training
Application deadline: August 23, 2017
- Mobile Health: Technology and Outcomes in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
Application deadline: August 31, 2017
- Emerging Global Leader Award
Application deadline: December 14, 2017
- Global Noncommunicable Diseases and Injury Across the Lifespan
Application deadline: December 14, 2017