FREE CDC Webinar: Setting Goals for Antibiotic Prescribing in U.S. Outpatient Settings
In May, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in collaboration with Pew Charitable Trusts and others, released new datashowing that at least 30 percent of all prescriptions written in doctors’ offices and emergency rooms are completely unnecessary. Now that we have this alarming data, how do we improve?
Join pediatrician and pediatric emergency medicine doctor Katherine Fleming-Dutra, M.D., medical epidemiologist with CDC’s Office of Antibiotic Stewardship, for a free webinar covering:
- A detailed explanation of the findings published in the May 2016 JAMA article
- What CDC is doing to promote antibiotic stewardship across healthcare settings
- An update on Get Smart About Antibiotics Week 2016
Webinar: United States Outpatient Antibiotic Prescribing and Goal Setting
Tuesday, June 28, 2016 from 1:00–2:00 p.m. EDT
Register for the meeting online: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/
Learn more about CDC’s Antibiotic Stewardship work:
- Get Smart: Know When Antibiotics Work: Information and resources on appropriate antibiotic prescribing across healthcare settings.
- Get Smart for Healthcare: Information and resources on appropriate antibiotic prescribing in inpatient healthcare facilities.
- Get Smart About Antibiotics Week 2016: Information on the upcoming one-week observance, November 14-20, 2016, to raise awareness of the threat of antibiotic resistance and the importance of appropriate antibiotic prescribing and use.