From CDC-Authored Genomics Publication Database
This database contains CDC-authored publications in public health genomics including infectious diseases, newborn screening, reproductive health, genetic testing, cancer, chronic diseases, birth defects and developmental disabilities, environmental and occupational health as well as laboratory, bioinformatics and statistical methods.
- Whole genome sequencing for investigations of meningococcal outbreaks in the United States: a retrospective analysis.
Whaley Melissa J et al. Scientific reports 2018 Oct (1) 15803
- Purification of Cyclospora cayetanensis oocysts obtained from human stool specimens for whole genome sequencing.
Qvarnstrom Yvonne et al. Gut pathogens 2018 45
- Use of whole genome sequencing to complement characterisation of a typhoid fever outbreak among a Marshallese community: Oklahoma, 2015.
Burnsed L J et al. Epidemiology and infection 2018 Sep 1-7
- Genetic Analysis of Virulence Potential of Escherichia coli O104 Serotypes Isolated From Cattle Feces Using Whole Genome Sequencing.
Shridhar Pragathi B et al. Frontiers in microbiology 2018 9341
- Considering the Potential Application of Whole Genome Sequencing to Gonorrhea Prevention and Control.
Kirkcaldy Robert D et al. Sexually transmitted diseases 2018 Jun (6) e29-e32
- Revisiting the taxonomy of the genus Elizabethkingia using whole-genome sequencing, optical mapping, and MALDI-TOF, along with proposal of three novel Elizabethkingia species: Elizabethkingia bruuniana sp. nov., Elizabethkingia ursingii sp. nov., and Elizabethkingia occulta sp. nov.
Nicholson Ainsley C et al. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 2017 Aug
- Key features of invasive pneumococcal isolates recovered in Lima, Peru determined through whole genome sequencing.
Hawkins Paulina et al. International journal of medical microbiology : IJMM 2017 Jul
- PulseNet International: Vision for the implementation of whole genome sequencing (WGS) for global food-borne disease surveillance.
Nadon Celine et al. Euro surveillance : bulletin Europeen sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin 2017 Jun (23)
- Utility of Combining Whole Genome Sequencing with Traditional Investigational Methods To Solve Foodborne Outbreaks of Salmonella Infections Associated with Chicken: A New Tool for Tackling This Challenging Food Vehicle.
Crowe Samuel J et al. Journal of food protection 2017 Mar 654-660
- Short-read whole genome sequencing for determination of antimicrobial resistance mechanisms and capsular serotypes of current invasive Streptococcus agalactiae recovered in the United States.
Metcalf Benjamin J et al. Clinical microbiology and infection : the official publication of the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 2017 Feb
- Whole genome sequencing of a large panel of contemporary Neisseria gonorrhoeae clinical isolates indicates that a wild-type mtrA gene is common: implications for inducible antimicrobial resistance.
Vidyaprakash Eshaw et al. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy 2017 Feb
- Use of whole-genome sequencing data to analyze 23S rRNA-mediated azithromycin resistance.
Johnson Steven R et al. International journal of antimicrobial agents 2016 Dec
- Laboratory Investigation of <i>Salmonella enterica</i> serovar Poona Outbreak in California: Comparison of Pulsed-Field Gel Electrophoresis (PFGE) and Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) Results.
Kozyreva Varvara K et al. PLoS currents 2016 Nov
- Universal Human Papillomavirus Typing Assay: Whole Genome Sequencing Following Target Enrichment.
Li Tengguo et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2016 Dec
- Development of a multiplex taqMan real-time PCR assay for typing of Mycoplasma pneumoniae based on type-specific indels identified through whole genome sequencing.
Wolff Bernard J et al. Diagnostic microbiology and infectious disease 2016 Nov
- Using whole genome sequencing to identify resistance determinants and predict antimicrobial resistance phenotypes for year 2015 invasive pneumococcal disease isolates recovered in the United States.
Metcalf Benjamin J et al. Clinical microbiology and infection : the official publication of the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 2016 Aug
- The use of whole genome sequencing for detecting antimicrobial resistance in nontyphoidal Salmonella.
McDermott Patrick F et al. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy 2016 Jul
- Use of Whole Genome Sequencing and Patient Interviews To Link a Case of Sporadic Listeriosis to Consumption of Prepackaged Lettuce.
Jackson K A et al. Journal of food protection 2016 May (5) 806-9
- Implementation of Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) for Identification and Characterization of Shiga Toxin-Producing Escherichia coli (STEC) in the United States.
Lindsey Rebecca L et al. Frontiers in microbiology 2016 766
- Implementation of Nationwide Real-Time Whole-Genome Sequencing to Enhance Listeriosis Outbreak Detection and Investigation.
Jackson Brendan R et al. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2016 Apr
- Whole-Genome Sequencing to Determine Origin of Multinational Outbreak of Sarocladium kiliense Bloodstream Infections.
Etienne Kizee A et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2016 Mar (3) 476-81
- Identification of Source of Brucella suis Infection in Human by Using Whole-Genome Sequencing, United States and Tonga.
Quance Christine et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2016 Jan 22(1) 79-82
- Evolutionary Relationships of Outbreak-associated Listeria monocytogenes Strains of Serotypes 1/2a and 1/2b Determined by Whole Genome Sequencing.
Bergholz Teresa M et al. Applied and environmental microbiology 2015 Nov
- Whole Genome Sequencing Analysis Accurately Predicts Antimicrobial Resistance Phenotypes in Campylobacter.
Zhao S et al. Applied and environmental microbiology 2015 Oct
- Comparison of Whole-Genome Sequencing and Molecular-Epidemiological Techniques for Clostridium difficile Strain Typing.
Dominguez Samuel R et al. Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society 2015 Apr
- Whole-Genome Sequencing During Measles Outbreaks.
Rota Paul A et al. J. Infect. Dis. 2015 Jul 6.
- Isolation and enrichment of Cryptosporidium DNA and verification of DNA purity for whole-genome sequencing.
Guo Yaqiong et al. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2015 Feb 53(2) 641-7
- Comparative analysis of subtyping methods against a whole-genome-sequencing standard for Salmonella enterica serotype Enteritidis.
Deng Xiangyu et al. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2015 Jan 53(1) 212-8
- Transmission of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection through solid organ transplantation: confirmation via whole genome sequencing.
Wendt J M et al. Am. J. Transplant. 2014 Nov 14(11) 2633-9
- Deriving group A Streptococcus typing information from short-read whole-genome sequencing data.
Athey Taryn B T et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2014 Jun (6) 1871-6
- Newborn screening: from Guthrie to whole genome sequencing.
Caggana Michele et al. Public Health Rep 128 Suppl 214-9
- Use of whole genome sequencing to determine the microevolution of Mycobacterium tuberculosis during an outbreak.
Kato-Maeda Midori et al. PLoS ONE 2013 8(3) e58235
- Improving the efficiency and relevance of evidence-based recommendations in the era of whole-genome sequencing: an EGAPP methods update.
Veenstra David L et al. Genet. Med. 2013 Jan 15(1) 14-24
- Deploying whole genome sequencing in clinical practice and public health: meeting the challenge one bin at a time.
Berg Jonathan S et al. Genet. Med. 2011 Jun 13(6) 499-504