Last Posted: Oct 31, 2018
- High proportions of pfhrp2 gene deletion and performance of HRP2-based rapid diagnostic test in Plasmodium falciparum field isolates of Odisha.
Pati Pallabi et al. Malaria journal 2018 Oct (1) 394
- Identification of potential whole blood MicroRNA biomarkers for the blood stage of adult imported falciparum malaria through integrated mRNA and miRNA expression profiling.
Li Jing-Jing et al. Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2018 Oct
- Multi-population genomic analysis of malaria parasites indicates local selection and differentiation at the gdv1 locus regulating sexual development.
Duffy Craig W et al. Scientific reports 2018 Oct (1) 15763
- Giving Malaria a Deadline- With a new genetic tool, scientists move a step closer to eradicating mosquitoes and the deadly diseases they carry.
N Wade, September 24, 2018
- Here's the Plan to End Malaria With Crispr-Edited Mosquitoes
M Molteni, WIRED, September 24, 2018
- Scientists use gene drive to eradicate lab mosquitoes for the first time
I Swetlitz, Stat News, September 24, 2018
- Intra-host dynamics of co-infecting parasite genotypes in asymptomatic malaria patients.
Nkhoma Standwell C et al. Infection, genetics and evolution : journal of molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics in infectious diseases 2018 Aug 414-424
- Screening for Pfhrp2/3-Deleted Plasmodium falciparum, Non-falciparum, and Low-Density Malaria Infections by a Multiplex Antigen Assay.
Plucinski Mateusz M et al. The Journal of infectious diseases 2018 Sep
- Assessment of ultra-sensitive malaria diagnosis versus standard molecular diagnostics for malaria elimination: an in-depth molecular community cross-sectional study.
Hofmann Natalie E et al. The Lancet. Infectious diseases 2018 Aug
- Genetic approach towards a vaccine against malaria.
Garrido-Cardenas Jose Antonio et al. European journal of clinical microbiology & infectious diseases : official publication of the European Society of Clinical Microbiology 2018 Jun