On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding NewsImportant news from NIH for all grantees.
Funding OpportunitiesNIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Intent to Publish Parent Funding Opportunity Announcements for Basic Experimental Studies with Humans (NOT-OD-19-024)
- Reminder: NIH Natural Disaster Policy - Hurricane Michael (NOT-OD-19-018)
- Notice Announcing NIEHS Use of RFA-ES-16-005 Mechanism for Time-Sensitive Research Opportunities in Environmental Health Sciences (R21) (NOT-ES-19-001) and PA-18-591 Administrative Supplements to Existing NIH Grants and Cooperative Agreements (Parent Admin Supp Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-ES-19-002) for Hurricanes Florence and Michael Response Research
- Presolicitation Notice: Request for Proposals (RFP) N01CN87006-18 "PREVENT Cancer Preclinical Drug Development Program: cGMP Production of Vaccines and Biologicals for Cancer Prevention" (NOT-CA-19-004)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Physical Sciences-Oncology Network (PS-ON): Physical Sciences-Oncology Projects (PS-OP) (U01 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-CA-19-005)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Development of Translational Devices to Treat Pain (U18 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (NOT-EB-18-030), (UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-NS-19-009) and (U44 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-NS-19-010)
- Notice to Clarify the Participation of Foreign Scientists in PAR-17-340 Collaborative Program Grant for Multidisciplinary Teams (RM1) (NOT-GM-19-004)
- Notice Inviting the Community to Contribute to the Generation of NHGRI's '2020 Vision for Genomics' (NOT-HG-19-005)
- Request for Information (RFI): Understanding the Health of Women and the Role of Sex/Gender in Mechanisms of Heart, Lung, Blood, and Sleep Diseases and Disorders (NOT-HL-18-660)
- Global Brain and Nervous System Disorders Research Across the Lifespan
Application deadline: November 7, 2018
- Chronic, Noncommunicable Diseases and Disorders Research Training
Application deadline: November 13, 2018
- Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases Initiative (EEID)
a joint National Institutes of Health (NIH) - National Science Foundation (NSF) initiative
Application deadline: November 21, 2018
- Updated > Emerging Global Leader Award
Application deadline: November 28, 2018
- Health-Professional Education Partnership Initiative (HEPI) in Malawi and Zambia
Application deadline: December 13, 2018
- International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA)
Application deadline: March 7, 2019
- Planning for Noncommunicable Diseases and Disorders Research Training
Application deadline: March 14, 2019