Last Posted: Nov 01, 2018
- Clinical Outcomes Associated With Sickle Cell Trait: A Systematic Review
RP Naik et al, Annals of Internal Medicine, October 2018
- Emerging Genetic Therapy for Sickle Cell Disease.
Orkin Stuart H et al. Annual review of medicine 2018 Oct
- Systematic review study supports that sickle cell trait increases risk for some health conditions- More research needed to clarify all health outcomes associated with SCT
J Mjoseth, NHGRI, October 30, 2018
- [Sickle Cell Disease in Newborns in Germany: Analysis of the AOK Health Insurance Data].
Pattloch Dagmar et al. Gesundheitswesen (Bundesverband der Arzte des Offentlichen Gesundheitsdienstes (Germany)) 2018 Oct
- Newborn screening for sickle cell disease in Europe: recommendations from a Pan-European Consensus Conference.
Lobitz Stephan et al. British journal of haematology 2018 Oct
- A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of a Pilot Neonatal Screening Program for Sickle Cell Anemia in the Republic of Angola.
McGann Patrick T et al. The Journal of pediatrics 2015 Dec 167(6) 1314-9
- Contribution of Sickle Cell Disease to the Pediatric Stroke Burden Among Hospital Discharges of African-Americans-United States, 1997-2012.
Baker Charlotte et al. Pediatric blood & cancer 2015 Dec 62(12) 2076-81
- Disability among individuals with sickle cell disease: literature review from a public health perspective.
Swanson Mark E et al. American journal of preventive medicine 2011 Dec 41(6 Suppl 4) S390-7
- Emergency Department Visits and Inpatient Admissions Associated with Priapism among Males with Sickle Cell Disease in the United States, 2006-2010.
Dupervil Brandi et al. PloS one 2016 11(4) e0153257
- Hydroxyurea is associated with lower costs of care of young children with sickle cell anemia.
Wang Winfred C et al. Pediatrics 2013 Oct 132(4) 677-83