In April, retired U.S. Navy Captain Pius Aiyelawo joined the Clinical Center as the chief operating officer. Aiyelawo is the first COO to oversee clinical areas in addition to the administrative side. Aiyelawo has held senior leadership positions in hospitals and large medical research programs throughout a distinguished military career spanning over 27 years.
What would you say to the person who saved your life? A young man at the NIH Clinical Center faced this very question early in 2018 when he met the person who donated bone marrow to treat his life-threatening illness.
Poolesville High School students develop device for Project SEARCH graduate to increase productivity
The NIH Clinical Center patient library catalog recently went digital – NIH patients, their family members and caregivers can now go online from any computer, tablet or mobile device to browse and reserve more than 7,000 available items.
IN THIS ISSUE:
- NIH staff needing access to electronic health records can now use an updated request form online
- Personnel updates
- Starbucks marketplace cafe opens
- Let’s move with heart: NIH staff celebrate American Heart Month in February
- Frosting cookies and making cards, patients share Valentine’s Day with First Lady Melania Trump
- Frasca, architect and designer of the north part of Building 10, dies
- Alex Azar, secretary of U.S. Health and Human Services, makes first official visit to NIH in March
- Adams makes first NIH visit as 20th U.S. Surgeon General
- Volunteers needed to help NIH advance the science around kidney cancer, metabolic syndrome and respiratory syncytial virus
- January town hall honor recognizes staff for federal service, reviews results of Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey
- NIH National Eye Institute turns 50
ABOUT CC NEWS:
Published by the Office of Communications and Media Relations.
News, article ideas, calendar events and photos are welcome. Submissions may be edited.