Alcohol Research: Current Reviews Now Available!
Alcohol Use Among Special Populations
Edited by Mary E. Larimer, Ph.D., and Judith A. Arroyo, Ph.D.
This issue of Alcohol Research: Current Reviews explores how biological and demographic characteristics, life experiences, and their interactions influence the likelihood that a person will develop alcohol-related problems. Some factors put an individual at greater risk, whereas others are protective. Contributors also look at population-based differences in access to alcohol treatment and highlight the value of tailoring interventions to the needs of specific groups.
Table of Contents
- Editors' Note [PDF]
Mary E. Larimer, Ph.D., and Judith A. Arroyo, Ph.D.
- Alcohol Consumption in Demographic Subpopulations: An Epidemiologic Overview [PDF]
Erin Delker, M.P.H.; Qiana Brown, Ph.D., M.P.H., M.S.W.; and Deborah S. Hasin, Ph.D.
- Sidebar: Under-Researched Demographics: Heavy Episodic Drinking and Alcohol-Related Problems Among Asian Americans [PDF]
Derek Kenji Iwamoto, Ph.D.; Aylin Kaya; Margaux Grivel; and Lauren Clinton
- Recent Developments in Alcohol Services Research on Access to Care [PDF]
Laura A. Schmidt, Ph.D., M.S.W., M.P.H.
- Social and Cultural Contexts of Alcohol Use: Influences in a Social–Ecological Framework [PDF]
May Sudhinaraset, Ph.D.; Christina Wigglesworth, M.S.W., L.C.S.W.; and David T. Takeuchi, Ph.D.
- Advances in Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Interventions Among Racial, Ethnic, and Sexual Minority Populations [PDF]
Arthur W. Blume, Ph.D.
- Sidebar: Religious Affiliation and Spiritual Practices: An Examination of the Role of Spirituality in Alcohol Use and Alcohol Use Disorder [PDF]
Katie Witkiewitz, Ph.D.; Elizabeth McCallion, M.S.; and Megan Kirouac, M.S.
- Biology, Genetics, and Environment: Underlying Factors Influencing Alcohol Metabolism [PDF]
Tamara L. Wall, Ph.D.; Susan E. Luczak, Ph.D.; and Susanne Hiller-Sturmhöfel, Ph.D.
- Alcohol Use Patterns Among Urban and Rural Residents: Demographic and Social Influences [PDF]
Mark A. Dixon, L.C.S.W., and Karen G. Chartier, Ph.D., M.S.W.
- Sidebar: Alcohol Use and Related Problems Along the United States–Mexico Border [PDF]
Britain A. Mills, Ph.D., and Raul Caetano, M.D., Ph.D.
- Associations Between Socioeconomic Factors and Alcohol Outcomes [PDF]
Susan E. Collins, Ph.D.
SPECIAL SECTION: DRINKING OVER THE LIFESPAN
- Drinking Over the Lifespan: Focus on Early Adolescents and Youth [PDF]
Michael Windle, Ph.D.
- Drinking Over the Lifespan: Focus on College Ages [PDF]
Jennifer E. Merrill, Ph.D., and Kate B. Carey, Ph.D.
- Drinking Over the Lifespan: Focus on Older Adults [PDF]
Kristen L. Barry, Ph.D. and Frederic C. Blow, Ph.D.
- The Influence of Gender and Sexual Orientation on Alcohol Use and Alcohol-Related Problems: Toward a Global Perspective [PDF]
Tonda L. Hughes, Ph.D., R.N., FAAN; Sharon C. Wilsnack, Ph.D., and Lori Wolfgang Kantor, M.A.
- Nature and Treatment of Comorbid Alcohol Problems and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Among American Military Personnel and Veterans [PDF]
John P. Allen, Ph.D., M.P.A.; Eric F. Crawford, Ph.D.; and Harold Kudler, M.D.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario