We make 200 decisions about food each day. Wow! That’s a lot of chances to make healthy decisions throughout the day. Check out these seven simple tips for healthy eating:
- Dining out? Ask for fruit or a side salad instead of fries or chips.
- Use a smaller plate at meals to help with portion control.
- Choose low-fat or fat-free milk products, even for your morning coffee.
- Put your snacks in a small bowl instead of eating from the bag.
- Pick lean or low-fat meat and poultry.
- Choose whole-wheat or multigrain bread instead of white bread.
- Eat a wide variety of colors — and the fruits and vegetables that represent them.
Making small changes can make a big difference! Pledge to eat healthy this National Women’s Health Week.