Last Posted: Nov 12, 2017
- Statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., on implementation of agencys streamlined development and review pathway for consumer tests that evaluate genetic health risks
FDA, Nov 6, 2017
- Consumer use and response to online third-party raw DNA interpretation services
C Wang et al, Molec Genetics & Genomic Med, Nov 2017
- You Can Get Your DNA Tested At An NFL Game. Should You?
D Levy, NPR, Nov 8, 2017
- FDA clears the way for more consumer genetic health tests to hit the market
Stat News, Nov 6, 2017
- Mixed reviews of at-home genetic testing
Facing our risk empowered, XRAYS, Oct 2017
- Mayo Clinic Minute: 3 things to know about home genetic testing
I Roth, Mayo Clinic, Oct 4, 2017
- Personal Genetic Testing Is Here. Do We Need It?
A O'Connor, New York Times, Oct 3, 2017
- As Consumer DNA Testing Grows, Two States Resist
E Mullin, MIT Tech Review, Sep 28, 2017
- Fit in my 40s: A DNA test is like going to a fortune teller, with science
Z Williams, The Guardian, Sep 23, 2017
- Latest Sports GiveawayDNA Testing KitsIs a Terrible Idea, Experts Say
J Franklin, Newsweek, Sep 19, 2017
- Heres What Happened When A Football Team Decided To Give Out Free DNA Tests
Buzzfeed News, Sep 18, 2017
- Racial minority group interest in direct-to-consumer genetic testing: findings from the PGen study.
Landry Latrice et al. Journal of community genetics 2017 Sep
- Third party interpretation of raw genetic data: an ethical exploration.
Badalato Lauren et al. European journal of human genetics : EJHG 2017 Aug
- With a Simple DNA Test, Family Histories Are Rewritten
G Kolata, NY Times, August 2017
- Warnings over shock dementia revelations from ancestry DNA tests
R McKie, The Guardian, August 2017
- Few direct-to-consumer test users receive genetic counseling: More consumers discuss results with primary care physicians.
et al. American journal of medical genetics. Part A 2017 Sep 173(9) 2304-2305