Read the recently released 2015 Report to Congress: USAID Health-Related Research and Development Progress Report [PDF, 1.5MB] to learn about research and innovations that are improving and saving lives around the world.Thanks to USAID research investments in health, there have been critical breakthroughs in prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of deadly global diseases.
Building on a strong tradition of evidence for sound decisions in global health, and guided by a multi-year strategy, this report highlights some of USAID's progress in health research, including:
- Research and advocacy efforts to end disrespect and abuse in health services
- Innovations designed to prepare for, identify, and respond to public health emergencies like Ebola
- Progress on two new malaria drugs that are in the final stages of clinical trials
- Advances in developing a range of products for women-initiated HIV prevention
- Read the Health-Related Research and Development Progress Report [PDF, 1.5MB].
- Learn more about USAID's global health research programs.
- Join the conversation on social media using #Innovate4Health.
Photo credit: Johns Hopkins