TB Notes Newsletter | TB Notes 1, 2016 | TB | CDC
Notes from the Director
The Division of Tuberculosis Elimination (DTBE) is delighted to release the first issue of TB Notes in over a year. We have made changes to the newsletter with the hope that it will better serve the needs of our audience. We have worked to make TB Notes more concise and timely. The newsletter has also received a facelift; we re-designed the TB Notes template to provide a refreshed look and to improve usability and navigation. We hope that you enjoy the updated newsletter.
In other news, we recently observed one of the most important annual events for people working in TB control, World TB Day. This year, CDC promoted the theme Unite to End TB. In the days leading up to March 24th, CDC and many others spoke out about successes in TB prevention and control, as well as the challenges that hinder our progress. I hope all of you had a chance to take part in your own World TB Day activities. DTBE staff organized a number of events; you’ll learn more about them in this issue of TB Notes.
Philip LoBue, MD, FACP, FCCP
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination
National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention
Table of Contents
- Highlights from State and Local Programs (NTCA Updates)
- TB Education and Training Network (TB ETN) Updates
- TB Trials Consortium (TBTC) Updates
- Communications, Education, and Behavioral Studies Branch Updates
- Data Management, Statistics, and Evaluation Branch (proposed) Updates
- Laboratory Branch Updates
- Surveillance Epidemiology and Outbreak Investigations Branch Updates
- New CDC Publications