Many people with Alzheimer’s disease experience sundowning—restlessness, agitation, irritability, or confusion that can begin or worsen as daylight begins to fade. Here are some tips to cope with this evening behavior:
- Reduce noise and clutter.
- Distract the person with a favorite snack, object, or activity.
- Play soothing music or read together.
- Turn on lights to minimize shadows that may cause confusion.
Share information on social media about coping with sundowning behaviors:
- Get strategies to cope with #sundowning behaviors in people with #Alzheimers— http://1.usa.gov/1PD8rY7
- A nighttime routine of quiet activities like music or reading may help w/ #sundowning in ppl w/ #Alz. More tips: http://1.usa.gov/1PD8rY7
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario