The following have been posted to the Effective Health Care Web site.
Management of Insomnia Disorder. To access the executive summary of this report, go to http://www.
effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/ search-for-guides-reviews-and- reports/?pageaction= displayproduct&productID=2164.
Management of Insomnia Disorder. To access this activity, go to http://ahrq.cmeuniversity.
Free AHRQ SHARE Approach Workshop to Support Shared Decision Making – New Locations Now Available
AHRQ’s SHARE Approach is a five-step process aimed at increasing the use of evidence in shared decision making between health care providers and patients. The SHARE Approach Workshop is an accredited one-day train-the-trainer workshop to support health care providers who seek to use patient-centered outcomes research findings in shared decision making.
AHRQ has scheduled a number of free SHARE Approach train-the-trainer workshops on shared decision making. Open training locations and dates include:
- Galveston, TX – January 27, 2016
- Seattle, WA – February 2, 2016
- Seattle/Tacoma, WA – February 4, 2016
- Mineola, NY (Long Island) – March 7, 2016
- Charlotte NC – March 29, 2016
- Savannah, GA – March 31, 2016
- Orlando, FL – April 22, 2016
- Fairfield, CA – June 1, 2016
Workshop participants are encouraged to train other clinicians to implement the SHARE Approach in their own organizations. Participants will earn CE/CME credits, receive free training resources, and learn:
- Five essential steps to engage patients in health care decision making.
- How to incorporate resources based on patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) into shared decision making.
- Skills to overcome common communication barriers such as limited health literacy and numeracy.
- Ways to implement shared decision making in your practice setting.
Visit the AHRQ website at http://www.ahrq.gov/
shareddecisionmaking to learn more about the SHARE Approach, download tools, and find a free one-day workshop near you.
To register for a workshop, go to http://meetings.afyainc.com/
Effective Health Care