December 23, 2015 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Faltering in writing and presentation could keep your reviewers from feeling enthusiastic about the application you've spent much time and effort preparing.
Opportunities and Resources
NIH launched its new Environmental Influences on Child Health Outcomes Program on December 7, 2015, in a statement from NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins.
Are you an investigator with an interest in researching the connection between the risks of adolescence and HIV susceptibility?
Apply for NIAID funding if your research uses biomarkers or biomarker combinations to diagnose active pulmonary tuberculosis in children.
Consider responding to a new request for proposals (RFP) to provide clinical trials management support services through NIAID's Clinical Research Operations and Management Support program.
Help shine a light on a neglected tropical disease by connecting with NIAID’s Tropical Medicine Research Centers program.
In The News
By January 25, 2016, NIH will publish updated Research Performance Progress Report instructions for noncompeting (Type 5) NIH awards.
NIH is building a national, large-scale research participant group called the Precision Medicine Initiative Cohort Program to gather the data needed for advances in individualized medical care.
- Don't Let Submission Issues Ruin the Holidays
- IICT Funding Opportunities Extended One Cycle
- Know the NIH Priorities for Health Economics Research
We continue to see reviewers dock applications because the proposed roles and functions of researchers are ambiguous or incorrect.
- For a resubmission, can I reuse letters of support from the initial proposal or am I required to obtain updated letters of support?
- Can I list a newly hired faculty member as a preceptor on a T32 grant if he or she is scheduled to start after the application due date but before the grant would be awarded?
New Funding Opportunities
- RFA-AI-16-002, Tropical Medicine Research Centers
- RFA-AI-16-006, U.S.-China Program for Biomedical Collaborative Research
- RFA-HL-16-003, Collaborative Projects to Accelerate Research in Organ Fibrosis
Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb) Quality Assessment (TBQA) Program
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.