- The Guidelines International Network (G-I-N) 13th annual conference will take place from September 27-30, 2016 in Philadelphia. This conference will be co-hosted by the American College of Physicians, ECRI Institute and Penn Medicine. The theme is "Individualised Guidelines and Clinical Performance Measurement in an Era of Personalised Medicine." Registration now open. For more information, visit the G-I-N Conference Web site.
- The Guidelines International Network North America (G-I-N NA) continues to sponsor a monthly webinar series on topics of interest to the North American guideline community. Information on upcoming webinars, as well as audio files and slides from past webinars, are available on the G-I-N Web site.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Advisory
- April 5, 2016: Diabetes Medications Containing Saxagliptin and Alogliptin: An FDA safety review has found that type 2 diabetes medicines containing saxagliptin and alogliptin may increase the risk of heart failure, particularly in patients who already have heart or kidney disease. As a result, FDA is adding new warnings to the drug labels about this safety issue.
Health Awareness Topics - April 2016
- Alcohol Awareness Month (see related guidelines)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Awareness Month (see related guidelines)
- National Autism Awareness Month (see related guidelines)
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month (see related guidelines)
- STI Awareness Month (see related guidelines)