Unite to End TB: World TB Day 2016
CDC’s Division of Tuberculosis Elimination is preparing for World TB Day on March 24. The following resources may be helpful to you as you plan your own World TB Day activities. Please help us raise awareness of the world’s #1 infectious disease killer and spread the #EndTB message by signing up for our World TB Day Thunderclap and sharing World TB Day content widely through social media platforms. Let’s “Unite to End TB!”
World TB Day Social Media:
Images for social media: http://www.cdc.gov/tb/
worldtbday/resources.htm. Follow @CDC_TB on Twitter for the latest World TB Day information.
- Too many people in the US suffer from #tuberculosis. We can #EndTB! Find out how:http://1.usa.gov/1mYgMPi #WorldTBDay
- To #EndTB in the US, we must reach the hardest hit populations: http://1.usa.gov/1mYgMPi #WorldTBDay
- Testing & treatment of latent #TB infection among high-risk groups critical to #EndTB in the US.http://1.usa.gov/1mYgMPi #WorldTBDay
- Too many people in the U.S. still suffer from tuberculosis (TB). CDC & our partners are working together to eliminate this deadly disease. Efforts to improve awareness, testing & treatment of latent TB infection & TB disease among high-risk groups are critical to reaching the goal of TB elimination in the U.S. Learn more: http://1.usa.gov/1mYgMPi #WorldTBDay
Thunderclap is a tool that lets a message be heard when we say it together. Think of it as an "online flash mob." Join CDC’s World TB Day Thunderclap, and share the End TB message March 24th at 12:00 p.m. EDT/9:00 a.m. PDT, spreading an idea through Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr that cannot be ignored.
We need 100 supporters for the Thunderclap to take effect, so please visit http://thndr.me/j6GAJC before March 24 to sign up and learn more. Share the information widely with your partners and help us promote the Thunderclap on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr.
- Join the #WorldTBDay @ThunderclapIt – add YOUR voice to #EndTB! http://thndr.me/j6GAJC
- Unite to #EndTB by joining the #WorldTBDay @ThunderclapIt! http://thndr.me/j6GAJC
- Raise your social media voice to #EndTB! Join CDC @ThunderclapIt. http://thndr.me/j6GAJC
CDC Infographic: Take on Latent TB Infection
TB cannot be eliminated in the U.S. without increased efforts to test and treat latent TB infection among high-risk groups. Learn more in this new infographic.
U.S. World TB Day Poster:
2016 U.S. World TB Day posters are available in 2 different sizes (8.5x11 and 11x17) to download and print.
Call for World TB Day Activities:
If you are planning an event around the 2016 World TB Day, we would like to know about it. As soon as your event is planned, please complete the World TB Day event form and return it by e-mail to Molly Dowling email@example.com. We will gladly post and share these activities on the World TB Day section of the CDC/DTBE Website.
World TB Day Website:
For examples of past World TB Day events and links to resources that may be of assistance to you in your World TB Day activities, please visit the World TB Day section on the DTBE Website at http://www.cdc.gov/tb/
worldtbday. This webpage is also available in Spanish.
If you have questions, visit our website http://www.cdc.gov/tb/
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention