In support of Mother's Day (May 11) and National Women's Health Week (May 11–17), the National Diabetes Education Program (NDEP) is reminding women with a history of gestational diabetes (GDM) about their lifelong risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
The NDEP has resources on this topic that you can use to support outreach efforts in your community:
- It’s Never Too Early…To Prevent Diabetes
- Did You Have Gestational Diabetes When You Were Pregnant? What You Need to Know.
- The Lasting Impact of Gestational Diabetes
- Managing Type 2 Diabetes: Sorcy's Story
- Family Health History and Diabetes: Sandra
Visit www.YourDiabetesInfo.org/GDM for more information about gestational diabetes and free resources from NDEP.