Are you planning to attend the 2016 annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience from November 12 to 16 in San Diego? We’ll be there at our exhibit booth ready to talk about what we do and our research priorities.
Our mission is to build the scientific evidence base about the use of complementary and integrative health approaches in order to inform decision-making by the public, by health care professionals, and by health policymakers. Our top scientific priorities are
1. Nonpharmacologic management of pain
2. Neurobiological effects and mechanisms
3. Innovative approaches for establishing biological signatures of natural products
4. Disease prevention and health promotion across the lifespan
5. Clinical trials utilizing innovative study designs to assess complementary health approaches and their integration into health care
6. Communications strategies and tools to enhance scientific literacy and understanding of clinical research.