Many caregivers will have to help a person with Alzheimer’s with bathing at some point. Make this task easier by planning ahead and following these safety tips:
- Never leave a confused or frail person alone in the tub or shower.
- Always check the water temperature before he or she gets in the tub or shower.
- Use a hand-held showerhead.
- Use a rubber bath mat and safety bars in the tub.
- Use a sturdy shower chair to support a person who is unsteady and to prevent falls. You can buy shower chairs at drug stores and medical supply stores.
Share this information on social media:
#Caregivers: A shower chair can support an unsteady person & prevent falls. More tips on #Alzheimers & bathing: http://1.usa.gov/1UDwCv3