lunes, 18 de abril de 2016

MedBr First to Know 4/18/2016

Medical Breakthroughs: First to Know

Tax Day!

     Being the daughter of a CPA made this day special for me…but it never came as late as the 18th. Why wasn’t last Friday the last day to file tax returns?
     Watch our Medical Headline Videos:
  •      “Zika Virus Warnings” has advice from Larry Altshuler, MD, an internist at the Southwestern Regional Medical Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma. My young friend Gabby just had her baby, Kinsley Jade, last week so this story certainly got our attention.
  •      Professor Madhukar Trivedi at UT Southwestern tells us about the importance of depression screening. Out of 19,000 who took the Vita!Sign6 test 3000 have been diagnosed with depressionand are getting treatment.
  •      Dr Kevin Cheung, MD, oncologist at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle is studying the biology of clusters and how breast cancer spreads to other parts of your body. He believes this discovery will lead to breakthrough therapies someday.
     April is national autism month and our first special report is about theimportance of early diagnosis. Dr Deborah Bilder, MD and associate professor of psychiatry at the University of Utah, co-authored the study that she hopes will encourage decision-makers to pass legislation to improve early access and intervention for autistic children.
     If medications and/or meditation does not get rid of your stress, you might want to try something else: Emotional Freedom Techinique (EFT). It involves gentle taps on meridian endpoints and holistic health coach, Suzette Roth says “it’s like acupuncture without the needles.”
     In case you missed them, you may want to check our past reports, Premium Content in Archives Premium Content in ArchivesHerpes Virus Fights Cancer? Premium Content in ArchivesCeramic Dental Implants. Premium Content in the Archives may be purchased for as little as $9 for 24-hour, unlimited access. If you would like to access Premium Content for the first time click here.
     Finally, we have a report on “Safe Conversations” with Harville Hendrix and his wife Helen LaKelly Hunt. They say, “There’s a science to having a good relationship... Most people think, if my partner and I are fighting, I’m married to the wrong person…the fact is every couple has problems.” I grew up with parents who really did not ever fight so I certainly thought I’d picked the wrong husband for my first “several” years. Now that I’ve had 46 very happy years with the same man, I find out that most people feel the same way! I didn’t have Harville and Helen to help me but I did have Hedy and Yumi Schleifer!
And there's more where that came from...

Marjorie
Marjorie Bekaert Thomas
President, Ivanhoe Broadcast News
ABBA
“I came to the conclusion long ago that all religions were true and also that all had some error in them, and while I hold by my own religion, I should hold other religions as dear as Hinduism… Our innermost prayer should be that a Hindu should become a better Hindu, a Muslim a better Muslim, and a Christian a better Christian.”
-- Mohandas K. Gandhi

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario