Proteins, carbohydrates and fats are all part of a healthy diet. Do you know the difference?
- Proteins build and repair tissue. Good sources are seafood, lean meat and poultry, eggs, and beans.
- Carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy. You can find them in breads, cereals, pasta, rice, beans, fruit, and starchy vegetables like corn and potatoes.
- Fats give you energy and help you feel full. Healthy sources of fat include vegetable oils, seeds, nuts, and avocado.
Share these messages on social media:
- Learn some #nutrition basics—proteins, carbohydrates, and fats are the building blocks of a healthy diet. #NNM http://1.usa.gov/1RYYOox
- Watch 3 videos on #eatingwell as you get older. #NNM http://bit.ly/1RvFm1Y
- Get more info on #healthyeating with tip sheets from @NIAGo4Life! #NNM http://1.usa.gov/1UID4BS