domingo, 13 de marzo de 2016

HLA-Incompatible Kidney Transplantation — Worth the Risk? — NEJM

HLA-Incompatible Kidney Transplantation — Worth the Risk? — NEJM

This article has no abstract; the first 100 words appear below.
Chronic kidney diseases are a major worldwide societal burden. In the United States, where the prevalence of chronic kidney disease is approximately 14%,1 close to 1 million persons have end-stage renal disease (ESRD). Of those affected, 700,000 (70.8%) are treated with dialysis, and the remaining 300,000 (29.2%) with kidney transplantation (i.e., 56 cases per 1 million population).2Currently, just over 100,000 U.S. patients with ESRD are on the waiting list for a kidney transplant, but every year, only 15 to 16% will receive a kidney transplant, and of those kidneys, 32 to 34% are from live donors.3 Annual U.S. expenditures . . .
Disclosure forms provided by the authors are available with the full text of this article at


From Clinique de Néphrologie, Unité de Transplantation Rénale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire (CHU) Grenoble-Alpes, La Tronche (L.P.E.R., P.M.), and INSERM Unité 563, Federative Structure of Bio-Medical Research of Toulouse, CHU Purpan, and Université Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, Toulouse (L.P.E.R.) — all in France.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario