Minor correction to NDC table for Flublok associating a CVX code.
There have been 3 vaccines against meningococcal disease in common usage in the US. These protect against serogroups A, C, W and Y. While these 3 vaccines protect against the same set of diseases, they have slightly different formulations and so have different CVX codes. Since there are situations in historical records where the exact formulation is not recorded, a CVX code for unspecified formulation was created. Recently a vaccine against serogroup B was licensed in the US. There are 2 formulations, each with its own CVX code. There is a CVX code for serogroup B vaccine where the exact formulation was not recorded. It is clear that the intent of the first unspecified formulation was to represent the ACWY vaccines.
To prevent misuse of the codes, the following changes have been made:
- Clarify the definition of CVX 108 (meningococcal, unspecified formulation).
- Change the short name to Meningococcal ACWY, unspecified formulation
- Change the full name to Meningococcal ACWY vaccine, unspecified formulation
- Add a note: This CVX is intended for use when one of the meningococcal vaccines containing serogroups A, C, W and Y was given and the exact formulation was not recorded. It should not be used to record newly administered immunizations. It is not to be used when one of the meningococcal vaccines containing other serogroups was administered
- Add a new CVX to represent meningococcal vaccine of any serogroup where the actual formulation is not known
- Create CVX with short name of Meningococcal, unknown serogroups
- Full name is Meningococcal vaccine of unknown formulation and unknown serogroups
- Add a note: This CVX is intended for use when any one of the meningococcal vaccines is recorded and there is no information about which serogroups are protected against. This code should not be used when a newly administered immunization is recorded.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario