A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine
National Institutes of Health
Health Tip: Exercising With a Lung Condition
May help ease shortness of breathWednesday, January 14, 2015
(HealthDay News) -- While you may be tempted to avoid exercise if you have a lung condition such as asthma or COPD, regular exercise may be helpful, experts say.
The American Council on Exercise says potential benefits include:
- Improving shortness of breath.
- Reducing your risk of other chronic health conditions, such as diabetes, osteoporosis and heart disease.
- Improving cardiovascular fitness and muscle strength.
- Reducing anxiety and depression.
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- More Health News on:
- Exercise and Physical Fitness
- Lung Diseases
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario