STD Awareness Month: How You Can Get Involved
|Support the STD Awareness Month Thunderclap! Click here to visit the Thunderclap page|
Join CDC in tackling the dangerous return of syphilis.
STD Awareness Month is officially here! Syphilis Strikes Back, this year’s theme, speaks to the recent rise of syphilis in the United States.Each week in April will focus on a different aspect of syphilis prevention with information on the STD Awareness Month website geared towards partners, healthcare providers, and individuals.
Here are some ways you can get involved and help us Disrupt Syphilis!
- Tune in for a ‘Twitter Takeover’ with the Office on Women’s Health, Tuesday, April 18, from 12pm-4pm EDT. You can promote and/or join and retweet messages to your own followers when CDC STD’s twitter account (@CDCSTD) takes over their account (@WomensHealth) to distribute key syphilis prevention messages for women and clinicians.
- Sign up for the Thunderclap by April 17th to help amplify important syphilis prevention messages (see the Thunderclap website for more information).
- Join the conversation on Twitter and Facebook all month long with #STDMonth17. Sample tweets and Facebook posts are available for your use.
- Share CDC’s STD Awareness Month Feature that breaks down this year’s theme and how individuals can protect themselves, and ultimately, disrupt syphilis!
- Add syphilis prevention banners and buttons to your website to promote STD awareness and this year’s theme.
- Download and share a 1940s-style PSA about syphilis in the U.S. from the STD Awareness Month homepage.