April 5, 2017 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at https://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Now in its 10th year, NIAID's biodefense laboratory network offers useful resources to NIAID-sponsored investigators studying biodefense and emerging infectious disease agents.
Opportunities and Resources
A recent NIAID broad agency announcement provides offerors a chance to submit proposals in priority research areas identified by the Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Transplantation and the Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases.
If you’re working on NIAID-related topics, check out new Grand Challenges Explorations grants from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
In The News
Pulmonary non-tuberculous mycobacterial infections that are not associated with AIDS are on the rise in the U.S., and NIAID seeks new research projects to study the disease process and its effects.
- Sign Up for June NIAID Grants Management Workshop in Barcelona, Spain
- NIAID Defines Areas of Interest for K01 Awards
- NIH Continues To Operate Under a Continuing Resolution
New investigators, defined as investigators who have not previously received an R01 or similar independent research project grant, typically share one major strength and one major weakness.
New Funding Opportunities
- PAR-17-237, Centers for AIDS Research (P30)
- PAR-17-238, Developmental Centers for AIDS Research (P30)
- RFP-NIAID-DMID-NIHAI2017090, Nonclinical Services for Development of Interventional Agents for Infectious Diseases
See other announcements at Opportunities & Announcements.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com.