FREE Continuing Education Webinar: Lessons from an Outbreak Investigation
This webinar is a must-see for every healthcare provider who works with cancer patients. Participating will help you ensure your facility isn’t unknowingly exposing patients to dangerous infections.
Our focus will be on compounding medications and infusion of intravenous medications. These practices occur in many outpatient settings but unless everyone is correctly trained and proper practices, standards, and regulations are enforced patient and provider safety is at risk.
This webinar will:
- discuss an outbreak of fungal bloodstream infections due to improper medication compounding and poor infection control practices at an outpatient oncology clinic,
- review the oversight and enforcement landscape of safety standards in outpatient settings, and
- provide resources to ensure that your clinic follows recommended infection control and prevention practices.
|Webinar:||Lessons from an Outbreak Investigation: Improving Medication Preparation, Use, and Other Infection Control Practices in Outpatient Oncology Clinics|
|Date:||Tuesday, April 18, 2017 Time: 2:00–3:00 p.m. EDT|
|View webinar invitation and pre-register (at no cost) HERE.|
Learn more about CDC’s work to:
- Help outpatient oncology facilities prevent infections in cancer patients
- Educate cancer patients and caregivers about preventing infections during chemotherapy treatment
- Teach safe injection practices
- Prevent Healthcare-associated Infections