viernes, 19 de febrero de 2010

Prevent diabetes problems: Keep your eyes healthy



Prevent diabetes problems: Keep your eyes healthy
On this page:

What are diabetes problems?
What should I do each day to stay healthy with diabetes?
What can I do to prevent diabetes eye problems?
How can diabetes hurt my eyes?
How can diabetes hurt the retinas of my eyes?
What happens as diabetes retina problems get worse?
What can I do about diabetes retina problems?
How do I know if I have retina damage from diabetes?
What other eye problems can happen to people with diabetes?
Pronunciation Guide
For More Information
More in the Series
Acknowledgments

What are diabetes problems?
Too much glucose in the blood for a long time can cause diabetes problems. This high blood glucose, also called blood sugar, can damage many parts of the body, such as the heart, blood vessels, eyes, and kidneys. Heart and blood vessel disease can lead to heart attacks and strokes. You can do a lot to prevent or slow down diabetes problems.

This booklet is about eye problems caused by diabetes. You will learn the things you can do each day and during each year to stay healthy and prevent diabetes problems.



please, open here:
http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/complications_eyes/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario