viernes, 7 de agosto de 2015

Fighting Opioid Addiction is Personal

Dept. of Health & Human Services
August 6, 2015
By: Blair Hubbard, Denver, Colorado
Some people can go cold turkey to get and stay sober, but what is working for me is medically-assisted treatment. My doctors connected me with the methadone clinic at the Denver Health Medical Center, where I get methadone and counseling. Today, a physician coordinates my treatment and makes sure I comply with the program.
I’m looking forward to the time when I won’t need methadone at all. For now, though, it’s the medicine I need to maintain the healthy version of me. It’s giving me time to rewire my brain and recover.
I’ve been sober four years now. I don’t want to be that addicted person any more.
Blair Hubbard joins HHS Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell and Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper for an event at the Denver Health Medical Center
READ MORE: Fighting Opioid Addiction is Personal
Share on Facebook

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario