miércoles, 7 de enero de 2015

Elena’s #GetCovered Story: Pursuing Her Dream to Farm

Dept. of Health & Human Services

Elena’s #GetCovered Story: Pursuing Her Dream to Farm

Posted: January 6, 2015
By: Elena Miller-TerKuile, 27, La Jara, Colorado
YouTube Embedded Video: Free to Do What She Loves: Elena's #GetCovered Story
The St. Luis Valley can be very cold and the life of a farmer here is not easy, but that has always been my dream. My family arrived in the valley in the 1860’s and was among the first Hispanic settlers to come here. I’m the sixth generation of a proud family of farmers.
It was a hard dream to pursue without health insurance. Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, I was able to stay on my parents’ plan until I turned 26, but when I aged off the plan, I took a “town” job that came with health benefits.
What I really wanted, however, was to farm with my father. Getting Marketplace coverage allows me to do that.
Read More: Elena's #GetCovered Story: Pursuing Her Dream to Farm
Share on Facebook

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario