Interns in front of NIH Building 1. Credit: NIH.
NIAID Technology Transfer and Patent Specialist
The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) is seeking qualified and motivated candidates for a technology transfer and patent specialist position in the Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Office (TTIPO). This is a federal, full-time position located in Rockville, Maryland.
NIAID technology transfer and patent specialists are responsible for:
- Negotiating confidential disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, clinical trial agreements, cooperative research and development agreements (CRADAs), and other technology transfer agreements for NIAID
- Reviewing new inventions reported by NIAID or CDC scientists, managing patent filings and prosecutions, and identifying marketing opportunities
- Analyzing patent portfolios and making recommendations on portfolio management
- Negotiating licenses to NIAID or CDC patents or proprietary materials
- Advising researchers and program staff on technology transfer and intellectual property matters
U.S. citizenship is required. See the vacancy announcements for additional detailed qualification requirements.
Visit www.USAJobs.gov and access vacancy announcements NIH-NIAID-DE-20-10641177 (U.S. citizens) and/or NIH-NIAID-DE-20-10641179 (status candidates) beginning March 9, 2020. Applications must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. on March 18, 2020.
Visit NIAID Careers for more information about TTIPO and working in NIAID’s dynamic atmosphere!
HHS, NIH, and NIAID are equal opportunity employers.