Last Posted: Dec 09, 2018
- Machine learning helps to hunt down the cause of a paralysing illness
S Reardon, Nature News, December 6, 2018
- Acute Flaccid MyelitisKeys to Diagnosis, Questions About Treatment, and Future Directions
SE Hopkins et al, JAMA Pediatrics, November 30, 2018
- Increase in Acute Flaccid Myelitis - United States, 2018.
McKay Susannah L et al. MMWR. Morbidity and mortality weekly report 2018 Nov 67(45) 1273-1275
- CDC investigating burst of possible new cases of polio-like paralysis, as mystery persists
H Branswell, Stat News, November 13, 2018
- Acute Flaccid Paralysis and Enteroviral Infections.
Bitnun Ari et al. Current infectious disease reports 2018 Jun (9) 34
- Genetic characterization of enterovirus A71 isolates from severe neurological cases in Poland.
Wieczorek Magdalena et al. Journal of medical virology 2018 Feb (2) 372-376
- The association between acute flaccid myelitis (AFM) and Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) what is the evidence for causation?
Dyda A, et al. Eurosurveillance, Jan 18, 2018.
- Notes from the Field: Cluster of Acute Flaccid Myelitis in Five Pediatric Patients - Maricopa County, Arizona, 2016.
Iverson Sally A et al. MMWR. Morbidity and mortality weekly report 2017 Jul (28) 758-760
- Acute Flaccid Myelitis in U.S. Children
- Enterovirus D68 Infection in Children with Acute Flaccid Myelitis, Colorado, USA, 2014.
Aliabadi Negar et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2016 Aug (8) 1387-94