From CDC-Authored Genomics Publication Database
This database contains CDC-authored publications in public health genomics including infectious diseases, newborn screening, reproductive health, genetic testing, cancer, chronic diseases, birth defects and developmental disabilities, environmental and occupational health as well as laboratory, bioinformatics and statistical methods.
- Genome-wide association study to identify variants associated with vaso-occlusive pain in sickle cell anemia.
Chaturvedi Shruti et al. Blood 2017 Jun
- Emergency department utilization by Californians with sickle cell disease, 2005-2014.
Paulukonis Susan T et al. Pediatric blood & cancer 2017 Jun 64(6)
- Emergency Department Visits and Inpatient Admissions Associated with Priapism among Males with Sickle Cell Disease in the United States, 2006-2010.
Dupervil Brandi et al. PloS one 2016 11(4) e0153257
- A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of a Pilot Neonatal Screening Program for Sickle Cell Anemia in the Republic of Angola.
McGann Patrick T et al. The Journal of pediatrics 2015 Dec 167(6) 1314-9
- Contribution of Sickle Cell Disease to the Pediatric Stroke Burden Among Hospital Discharges of African-Americans-United States, 1997-2012.
Baker Charlotte et al. Pediatric blood & cancer 2015 Dec 62(12) 2076-81
- Incidence of sickle cell trait--United States, 2010.
Ojodu Jelili et al. MMWR Morb. Mortal. Wkly. Rep. 2014 Dec 12. 63(49) 1155-8
- Health policy for sickle cell disease in Africa: experience from Tanzania on interventions to reduce under-five mortality.
Makani Julie et al. Trop. Med. Int. Health 2015 Feb 20(2) 184-7
- Mortality of New York children with sickle cell disease identified through newborn screening.
Wang Ying et al. Genet. Med. 2015 Jun 17(6) 452-9
- Understanding and improving health education among first-time parents of infants with sickle cell anemia in Alabama: a mixed methods approach.
Lebensburger Jeffrey D et al. J. Pediatr. Hematol. Oncol. 2015 Jan 37(1) 35-42
- Discordance between self-report and genetic confirmation of sickle cell disease status in African-American adults.
Bean Christopher J et al. Public Health Genomics 2014 17(3) 169-72
- Hydroxyurea is associated with lower costs of care of young children with sickle cell anemia.
Wang Winfred C et al. Pediatrics 2013 Oct 132(4) 677-83
- Acute chest syndrome is associated with single nucleotide polymorphism-defined beta globin cluster haplotype in children with sickle cell anaemia.
Bean Christopher J et al. Br. J. Haematol. 2013 Oct 163(2) 268-76
- Sickle cell disease incidence among newborns in New York State by maternal race/ethnicity and nativity.
Wang Ying et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2013 Mar 15(3) 222-8
- Heme oxygenase-1 gene promoter polymorphism is associated with reduced incidence of acute chest syndrome among children with sickle cell disease.
Bean Christopher J et al. Blood 2012 Nov 1. 120(18) 3822-8
- The Jamaican historical experience of the impact of educational interventions on sickle cell disease child mortality.
Grosse Scott D et al. Am J Prev Med 2012 Jun 42(6) e101-3
- A genome-wide association study of total bilirubin and cholelithiasis risk in sickle cell anemia.
Milton Jacqueline N et al. PLoS ONE 2012 7(4) e34741
- Public health implications of sickle cell trait: a report of the CDC meeting.
Grant Althea M et al. Am J Prev Med 2011 Dec 41(6 Suppl 4) S435-9
- Screening U.S. college athletes for their sickle cell disease carrier status.
Jordan Lanetta B et al. Am J Prev Med 2011 Dec 41(6 Suppl 4) S406-12
- Sickle cell disease in Africa: a neglected cause of early childhood mortality.
Grosse Scott D et al. Am J Prev Med 2011 Dec 41(6 Suppl 4) S398-405
- Disability among individuals with sickle cell disease: literature review from a public health perspective.
Swanson Mark E et al. American journal of preventive medicine 2011 Dec 41(6 Suppl 4) S390-7
- Sickle cell disease: the need for a public health agenda.
Yusuf Hussain R et al. Am J Prev Med 2011 Dec 41(6 Suppl 4) S376-83