From CDC-Authored Genomics Publication Database
This database contains CDC-authored publications in public health genomics including infectious diseases, newborn screening, reproductive health, genetic testing, cancer, chronic diseases, birth defects and developmental disabilities, environmental and occupational health as well as laboratory, bioinformatics and statistical methods.
- A large HCV transmission network enabled a fast-growing HIV outbreak in rural Indiana, 2015.
Ramachandran Sumathi et al. EBioMedicine 2018 Nov
- Completeness of HIV nucleotide sequence ascertainment and its potential impact on understanding HIV transmission - Maryland, 2011-2013.
Brooks Richard B et al. AIDS care 2018 Nov 1-8
- Estimating effects of HIV sequencing data completeness on transmission network patterns and detection of growing HIV transmission clusters.
Dasgupta Sharoda et al. AIDS research and human retroviruses 2018 Nov
- HIV-genetic diversity and drug resistance transmission clusters in Gondar, Northern Ethiopia, 2003-2013.
Arimide Dawit Assefa et al. PloS one 2018 13(10) e0205446
- Progestin-based contraception regimens modulate expression of putative HIV risk factors in the vaginal epithelium of pig-tailed Macaques.
Bosinger Steven E et al. American journal of reproductive immunology (New York, N.Y. : 1989) 2018 Aug e13029
- Association between HIV genotype, viral load and disease progression in a cohort of Thai men who have sex with men with estimated dates of HIV infection.
Leelawiwat Wanna et al. PloS one 2018 13(7) e0201386
- Detection of minority drug resistant mutations in Malawian HIV-1 subtype C-positive patients initiating and on first-line antiretroviral therapy.
Zhou Zhiyong et al. African journal of laboratory medicine 2018 (1) 708
- Prevalence of pretreatment HIV drug resistance in Cameroon following a nationally representative WHO survey.
Tchouwa Gaëlle F et al. The Journal of antimicrobial chemotherapy 2018 Jun
- Characterization of real-time microarrays for simultaneous detection of HIV-1, HIV-2, and hepatitis viruses.
Granade Timothy C et al. Journal of virological methods 2018 09 60-65
- Impact of the griffithsin anti-HIV microbicide and placebo gels on the rectal mucosal proteome and microbiome in non-human primates.
Girard Lauren et al. Scientific reports 2018 May (1) 8059
- Discovery of genetic variants of the kinases that activate tenofovir among individuals in the United States, Thailand, and South Africa: HPTN067.
Figueroa Dominique B et al. PloS one 2018 (4) e0195764
- Cross-Sectional HIV Incidence Surveillance: A Benchmarking of Approaches for Estimating the 'Mean Duration of Recent Infection'.
Kassanjee Reshma et al. Statistical communications in infectious diseases 2017 Mar (1)
- Association of maternal KIR gene content polymorphisms with reduction in perinatal transmission of HIV-1.
Omosun Yusuf O et al. PloS one 2018 (1) e0191733
- Detailed Transmission Network Analysis of a Large Opiate-Driven Outbreak of HIV Infection in the United States.
Campbell Ellsworth M et al. The Journal of infectious diseases 2017 Oct
- The Female Genital Tract Microbiome Is Associated With Vaginal Antiretroviral Drug Concentrations in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Infected Women on Antiretroviral Therapy.
Donahue Carlson Renee et al. The Journal of infectious diseases 2017 Oct
- Time to first positive HIV-1 DNA PCR may differ with antiretroviral regimen in infants infected with non-B subtype HIV-1.
Balasubramanian Raji et al. AIDS (London, England) 2017 Nov 31(18) 2465-2474
- Decoding noises in HIV computational genotyping.
Jia MingRui et al. Virology 2017 Nov 511249-255
- HIV Transmission Dynamics among Foreign-born Persons in the United States.
Valverde Eduardo E et al. Journal of acquired immune deficiency syndromes (1999) 2017 Sep
- Polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor gene are associated with reduced rate of sputum culture conversion in multidrug-resistant tuberculosis patients in South Africa.
Magee Matthew J et al. PloS one 2017 (7) e0180916
- Increased Risk for Meningococcal Disease among Men who have Sex with Men in the United States, 2012-2015.
Folaranmi Temitope A et al. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2017 May
- Transmission fitness of drug-resistant HIV revealed in a surveillance system transmission network.
Wertheim Joel O et al. Virus evolution 2017 Jan (1) vex008
- Emergence of untreatable, multidrug-resistant HIV-1 in patients failing second-line therapy in Kenya.
Inzaule Seth C et al. AIDS (London, England) 2017 Apr
- Evaluation of Automated Molecular Testing Rollout for Tuberculosis Diagnosis Using Routinely Collected Surveillance Data - Uganda, 2012-2015.
Scott Colleen et al. MMWR. Morbidity and mortality weekly report 2017 Mar (12) 339-342
- Increasing HIV-1 subtype diversity in seven states, United States, 2006-2013.
Oster Alexandra M et al. Annals of epidemiology 2017 Feb
- Ebola Virus RNA in Semen from an HIV-Positive Survivor of Ebola.
Purpura Lawrence J et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2017 Apr (4)
- Highlights from the 2016 HIV diagnostics conference: The new landscape of HIV testing in laboratories, public health programs and clinical practice.
Wesolowski Laura G et al. Journal of clinical virology : the official publication of the Pan American Society for Clinical Virology 2017 Jun 63-68
- Surveillance of HIV-1 pol transmitted drug resistance in acutely and recently infected antiretroviral drug-naïve persons in rural western Kenya.
Onywera Harris et al. PloS one 2017 (2) e0171124
- Transmission of Extensively Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis in South Africa.
Shah N Sarita et al. The New England journal of medicine 2017 Jan (3) 243-253
- Subtypes and risk behaviors among incident HIV cases in the Bangkok Men Who Have Sex with Men Cohort Study, Thailand, 2006-2015.
Lam Caitlin R et al. AIDS research and human retroviruses 2016 Dec
- HIV-1 Infection and Transmission Networks of Younger People in Chicago, Illinois, 2005-2011.
Morgan Ethan et al. Public health reports (Washington, D.C. : 1974) (1) 48-55
- Severity of Respiratory Syncytial Virus Lower Respiratory Tract Infection with Viral Coinfection in HIV-uninfected Children.
Mazur Natalie I et al. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2016 Dec
- The rectal mucosa and condomless receptive anal intercourse in HIV-negative MSM: implications for HIV transmission and prevention.
Kelley C F et al. Mucosal immunology 2016 Nov
- Optimizing Infant HIV Diagnosis in Resource-Limited Settings: Modeling the Impact of HIV DNA PCR Testing at Birth.
Chiu Alexander et al. Journal of acquired immune deficiency syndromes (1999) 2016 Dec 73(4) 454-462
- 1970s and 'Patient 0' HIV-1 genomes illuminate early HIV/AIDS history in North America.
Worobey Michael et al. Nature 2016 Oct
- Time until emergence of HIV test reactivity following infection with HIV-1: Implications for interpreting test results and retesting after exposure.
Delaney Kevin P et al. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2016 Oct
- Xpert MTB/RIF - why the lack of morbidity and mortality impact in intervention trials?
Auld Andrew F et al. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2016 Sep
- Executive Summary: Official American Thoracic Society/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/Infectious Diseases Society of America Clinical Practice Guidelines: Treatment of Drug-Susceptible Tuberculosis.
Nahid Payam et al. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2016 Oct 63(7) 853-67
- Maternal colonization with Streptococcus agalactiae and associated stillbirth and neonatal disease in coastal Kenya.
Seale Anna C et al. Nature microbiology 2016 1(7) 16067
- Treatment as Prevention: Characterization of partner infections in the HIV Prevention Trials Network 052 trial.
Eshleman Susan H et al. Journal of acquired immune deficiency syndromes (1999) 2016 Aug
- Official American Thoracic Society/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/Infectious Diseases Society of America Clinical Practice Guidelines: Treatment of Drug-Susceptible Tuberculosis.
Nahid Payam et al. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2016 Aug
- HIV Infection Linked to Injection Use of Oxymorphone in Indiana, 2014-2015.
Peters Philip J et al. The New England journal of medicine 2016 Jul 375(3) 229-39
- Molecular Typing of Treponema pallidum in Ocular Syphilis.
Oliver Sara et al. Sexually transmitted diseases 2016 Aug (8) 524-527
- Origin and spread of HIV-1 in persons who inject drugs in Bulgaria.
Alexiev Ivailo et al. Infection, genetics and evolution : journal of molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics in infectious diseases 2016 May
- Protocol for a population-based molecular epidemiology study of tuberculosis transmission in a high HIV-burden setting: the Botswana Kopanyo study.
Zetola N M et al. BMJ open 2016 (5) e010046
- The International Dimension of the U.S. HIV Transmission Network and Onward Transmission of HIV Recently Imported into the United States.
Wertheim Joel O et al. AIDS research and human retroviruses 2016 Apr
- HIV virological failure and drug resistance in a cohort of Tanzanian HIV-infected adults.
Hawkins Claudia et al. The Journal of antimicrobial chemotherapy 2016 Jul (7) 1966-74
- Sensitive sentinel mutation screening reveals differential underestimation of transmitted HIV drug resistance among demographic groups.
Li Jin-Fen et al. AIDS (London, England) 2016 Mar
- Prevalence and dynamics of the K65R drug resistance mutation in HIV-1-infected infants exposed to maternal therapy with lamivudine, zidovudine and either nevirapine or nelfinavir in breast milk.
Inzaule Seth C et al. The Journal of antimicrobial chemotherapy 2016 Mar
- Molecular Epidemiology and Transmission Dynamics of Recent and Long-Term HIV-1 Infections in Rural Western Kenya.
Zeh Clement et al. PloS one 2016 (2) e0147436
- HIV-1 Drug Resistance Mutations: Potential Applications for Point-of-Care Genotypic Resistance Testing.
Rhee Soo-Yon et al. PloS one 2015 (12) e0145772
- Sustainable HIV treatment in Africa through viral-load-informed differentiated care.
et al. Nature 2015 Dec (7580) S68-76
- Simultaneous Detection of Major Drug Resistance Mutations of HIV-1 Subtype B Viruses from Dried Blood Spot Specimens by Multiplex Allele-specific Assay.
Zhang Guoqing et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2015 Nov
- Molecular analysis allows inference into HIV transmission among young men who have sex with men in the United States.
Whiteside Y Omar et al. AIDS (London, England) 2015 Nov (18) 2517-22
- Prevalence of transmitted HIV-1 drug resistance among young adults attending HIV counselling and testing clinics in Kigali, Rwanda.
Mutagoma Mwumvaneza et al. Antiviral therapy 2016 (3) 247-51
- Longitudinal Detection and Persistence of Minority Drug-Resistant Populations and Their Effect on Salvage Therapy.
Nishizawa Masako et al. PLoS ONE 2015 (9) e0135941
- Using Molecular HIV Surveillance Data to Understand Transmission Between Subpopulations in the United States.
Oster Alexandra M et al. Journal of acquired immune deficiency syndromes (1999) 2015 Dec 70(4) 444-51
- Prevalence of Diagnosed and Undiagnosed HIV Infection - United States, 2008-2012.
Hall H Irene et al. MMWR Morb. Mortal. Wkly. Rep. 2015 Jun 26. 64(24) 657-62
- Detection of Acute HIV-1 Infection by RT-LAMP.
Rudolph Donna L et al. PLoS ONE 2015 (5) e0126609
- Trends in use of genotypic resistance testing and frequency of major drug resistance among antiretroviral-naive persons in the HIV Outpatient Study, 1999-2011.
Buchacz Kate et al. J. Antimicrob. Chemother. 2015 May 15.
- Dried blood spots for viral load monitoring in Malawi: feasible and effective.
Rutstein Sarah E et al. PloS one 2015 10(4) e0124748
- Geographic and temporal trends in the molecular epidemiology and genetic mechanisms of transmitted HIV-1 drug resistance: an individual-patient- and sequence-level meta-analysis.
Rhee Soo-Yon et al. PLoS Med. 2015 Apr 12(4) e1001810
- Viral Genetic Diversity and Polymorphisms in a Cohort of HIV-1-Infected Patients Eligible for Initiation of Antiretroviral Therapy in Abuja, Nigeria.
Diallo Karidia et al. AIDS Res. Hum. Retroviruses 2015 May (5) 564-75
- An HIV-1 RNA test following a reactive fourth-generation antigen/antibody combination assay confirms a high proportion of HIV infections.
Westheimer Emily et al. J. Clin. Virol. 2014 Dec 61(4) 623-4
- Increasing HIV-1 molecular complexity among men who have sex with men in Bangkok.
Leelawiwat Wanna et al. AIDS research and human retroviruses 2015 Apr (4) 393-400
- Limited utility of dried-blood- and plasma spot-based screening for antiretroviral treatment failure with Cobas Ampliprep/TaqMan HIV-1 version 2.0.
Sawadogo Souleymane et al. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2014 Nov 52(11) 3878-83
- Reference panel of cloned HIV-2 plasmid DNA for nucleic acid assay development, evaluation, and quality monitoring.
Youngpairoj Ae S et al. J. Clin. Virol. 2014 Oct 61(2) 293-7
- HIV reverse-transcriptase drug resistance mutations during early infection reveal greater transmission diversity than in envelope sequences.
Lipscomb Jonathan T et al. The Journal of infectious diseases 2014 Dec (11) 1827-37
- Dense genotyping of immune-related loci identifies variants associated with clearance of HPV among HIV-positive women in the HIV epidemiology research study (HERS).
Sudenga Staci L et al. PLoS ONE 2014 9(6) e99109
- Field study of dried blood spot specimens for HIV-1 drug resistance genotyping.
Parry C M et al. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2014 Aug 52(8) 2868-75
- Recombinant viruses initiated the early HIV-1 epidemic in Burkina Faso.
Fonjungo Peter N et al. PLoS ONE 2014 9(3) e92423
- Development of a loop-mediated isothermal amplification method for detection of Histoplasma capsulatum DNA in clinical samples.
Scheel Christina M et al. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2014 Feb 52(2) 483-8
- Sensitive testing of plasma HIV-1 RNA and Sanger sequencing of cellular HIV-1 DNA for the detection of drug resistance prior to starting first-line antiretroviral therapy with etravirine or efavirenz.
Geretti Anna Maria et al. J. Antimicrob. Chemother. 2014 Apr 69(4) 1090-7
- Molecular characterization of ambiguous mutations in HIV-1 polymerase gene: implications for monitoring HIV infection status and drug resistance.
Zheng Du-Ping et al. PLoS ONE 2013 8(10) e77649
- Simultaneous detection of major drug resistance mutations in the protease and reverse transcriptase genes for HIV-1 subtype C by use of a multiplex allele-specific assay.
Zhang Guoqing et al. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2013 Nov 51(11) 3666-74
- Evaluation of a dried blood and plasma collection device, SampleTanker(®), for HIV type 1 drug resistance genotyping in patients receiving antiretroviral therapy.
Diallo Karidia et al. AIDS Res. Hum. Retroviruses 2014 Jan 30(1) 67-73
- Unusual Enterocytozoon bieneusi genotypes and Cryptosporidium hominis subtypes in HIV-infected patients on highly active antiretroviral therapy.
Akinbo Frederick O et al. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 2013 Jul 89(1) 157-61
- Recent advances in research of HIV infection: implications of viral and host genetics on treatment and prevention.
Haaland R E et al. Public Health Genomics 2013 16(1-2) 31-6
- Detailed molecular epidemiologic characterization of HIV-1 infection in Bulgaria reveals broad diversity and evolving phylodynamics.
Ivanov Ivailo Alexiev et al. PLoS ONE 2013 8(3) e59666
- Susceptibility to repeated, low-dose, rectal SHIVSF162P3 challenge is independent of TRIM5 genotype in rhesus macaques.
Butler Katherine et al. AIDS Res. Hum. Retroviruses 2013 Jul 29(7) 1091-4
- Association between immunoglobulin GM and KM genotypes and placental malaria in HIV-1 negative and positive women in western Kenya.
Iriemenam Nnaemeka C et al. PLoS ONE 2013 8(1) e53948
- Impact of minority nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor resistance mutations on resistance genotype after virologic failure.
Li Jonathan Z et al. J. Infect. Dis. 2013 Mar 15. 207(6) 893-7
- Field evaluation of a broadly sensitive HIV-1 in-house genotyping assay for use with both plasma and dried blood spot specimens in a resource-limited country.
Inzaule Seth et al. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2013 Feb 51(2) 529-39
- Zoonotic Cryptosporidium species and Enterocytozoon bieneusi genotypes in HIV-positive patients on antiretroviral therapy.
Wang Lin et al. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2013 Feb 51(2) 557-63
- Comparison of Ahlstrom grade 226, Munktell TFN, and Whatman 903 filter papers for dried blood spot specimen collection and subsequent HIV-1 load and drug resistance genotyping analysis.
Rottinghaus Erin et al. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2013 Jan 51(1) 55-60
- Deletion of specific immune-modulatory genes from modified vaccinia virus Ankara-based HIV vaccines engenders improved immunogenicity in rhesus macaques.
Garber David A et al. J. Virol. 2012 Dec 86(23) 12605-15
- Evaluation of blood collection filter papers for HIV-1 DNA PCR.
Masciotra Silvina et al. J. Clin. Virol. 2012 Oct 55(2) 101-6
- Virological and molecular characterization of a simian human immunodeficiency virus (SHIV) encoding the envelope and reverse transcriptase genes from HIV-1.
Pal Ranajit et al. Virology 2012 Oct 10. 432(1) 173-83
- Relaxation of adaptive evolution during the HIV-1 infection owing to reduction of CD4+ T cell counts.
Leal Élcio et al. PLoS ONE 2012 7(6) e39776
- Differential association of gene content polymorphisms of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors with placental malaria in HIV- and HIV+ mothers.
Omosun Yusuf O et al. PLoS ONE 2012 7(6) e38617
- Comparison of HIV-1 resistance profiles in plasma RNA versus PBMC DNA in heavily treated patients in Honduras, a resource-limited country.
Diallo Karidia et al. Int J Mol Epidemiol Genet 2012 3(1) 56-65
- Dried blood spot specimens are a suitable alternative sample type for HIV-1 viral load measurement and drug resistance genotyping in patients receiving first-line antiretroviral therapy.
Rottinghaus Erin K et al. Clin. Infect. Dis. 2012 Apr 54(8) 1187-95
- Evaluation of a high-throughput diagnostic system for detection of HIV-1 in dried blood spot samples from infants in Mozambique.
Jani Ilesh V et al. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2012 Apr 50(4) 1458-60
- Health care expenditures for Medicaid-covered males with haemophilia in the United States, 2008.
Guh S et al. Haemophilia : the official journal of the World Federation of Hemophilia 2012 Mar 18(2) 276-83
- Optimization of a low cost and broadly sensitive genotyping assay for HIV-1 drug resistance surveillance and monitoring in resource-limited settings.
Zhou Zhiyong et al. PLoS ONE 2011 6(11) e28184
- Comparative evaluation of Aptima HIV-1 Qualitative RNA assay performance using plasma and serum specimens from persons with established HIV-1 infection.
Ethridge Steven F et al. J. Clin. Virol. 2011 Dec 52 Suppl 1S63-6
- Prevalence of drug resistance-related polymorphisms in treatment-naive individuals infected with nonsubtype B HIV type 1 in Cameroon.
Youngpairoj Ae S et al. AIDS Res. Hum. Retroviruses 2012 Jul 28(7) 675-84
- Demographic but not geographic insularity in HIV transmission among young black MSM.
Oster Alexandra M et al. AIDS 2011 Nov 13. 25(17) 2157-65
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of diagnostic options for pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP).
Harris Julie R et al. PLoS ONE 2011 6(8) e23158
- Evaluation of pooling strategies for acute HIV-1 infection screening using nucleic acid amplification testing.
Sullivan Timothy J et al. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2011 Oct 49(10) 3667-8
- HIV type 1 gag genetic diversity among antenatal clinic attendees in North Rift Valley, Kenya.
Nyagaka Benuel et al. AIDS Res. Hum. Retroviruses 2012 May 28(5) 523-6