Last Posted: Jun 01, 2018
- Should I Test Myself for BRCA Gene Mutations?
EK Howley, US News, June 1, 2018
- BRCA Mutations in the Young, High-Risk Female Population: Genetic Testing, Management of Prophylactic Therapies, and Implications for Plastic Surgeons.
Salibian Ara A et al. Plastic and reconstructive surgery 2018 Jun 141(6) 1341-1350
- Did This Botched Patient Have an "Unnecessary Double Mastectomy?!"
M Khalife, E-Online, May 29, 2018
- How Accurate Is Direct-To-Consumer Genetic Testing? From Gold(ish) To Garbage
E Matloff, Forbes, May 2018
- Identical Twins Hint at How Environments Change Gene Expression
Studying twins has long offered insight into the interplay of nature and nurture. Epigenetics is the next frontier. E Hayasaki, The Atlantic, May 2018
- PARP Inhibitor Shows Promise in Patients With BRCA-Mutated Pancreatic Cancer
ASCO Post, May 23, 2018
- Schizophrenia risk genes are not so risky if the mothers pregnancy was healthy
S Begley, Stat News, May 28, 2018
- Within-Gender Differences in Medical Decision Making Among Male Carriers of the BRCA Genetic Mutation for Hereditary Breast Cancer.
Hesse-Biber Sharlene et al. American journal of men's health 2017 Sep 11(5) 1444-1459
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Testing
J Gill et al, JAMA, May 18, 2018
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Testing - The Implications of the US FDAs First Marketing Authorization for BRCA Mutation Testing
Gill J, et al. JAMA, May 18, 2018