Please register now, before the deadline of April 9th 2018, to attend the 26th Annual Meeting of the Council on Ionizing Radiation Measurements and Standards (CIRMS) to be held April 16-18, 2018 at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Gaithersburg, Maryland. This year’s topic is RADIATION TECHNOLOGIES FOR THE FUTURE. This is a great opportunity to participate in fruitful and stimulating discussions and listen to more than 50 outstanding speakers on a diverse number of topics in ionizing radiation and identify needs for Measurement Standards. Topics include the fields of medical physics, radiation protection, advances in detector instrumentation, radiation processing, materials modification, space applications, microdosimetry, imaging, radiation biology, radiation therapy and diagnostics, emergency response to nuclear events and more. The meeting is composed of morning plenary presentations and afternoon parallel working group sessions.
In addition, novel cutting edge technologies in ionizing radiation will be discussed in various fields. For example, come and hear about:
- DARPA’s Electrical (Medical) Prescription program and its application to ionizing radiation, https://www.darpa.mil/news-
- The challenges & needs to be addressed in the Breakthrough Starshot Mission https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- How Big Data and Machine Learning will help improve radiation treatments
- DNA Dosimetry
- ASTM Standards & Innovation
- The future of Radiation Processing and Sterilization
- And more ….
The full program with abstracts can be downloaded in PDF format here.
Please register before the registration deadline, April 9, 2018.
For questions about registration or about the meeting please contact Renata Freindorf, the CIRMS administrative assistant.
Her contact information is listed in the signature section below.
We look forward to seeing you in April 2018 at CIRMS2018!