August 3, 2017 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at https://www.niaid.nih.gov/
NIH is encouraging grantees to publish interim research products. Learn the rules that apply when you publish or cite preprints and other interim research products.
Opportunities and Resources
A new opportunity supports eligible physician-scientists with up to four years of funding to facilitate transitions from postdoctoral research to independent, tenure-track or equivalent faculty positions.
The 2017 Small Business Innovation Research request for proposals is now available on FedBizOpps and lists more than a dozen research topics of interest to NIAID.
NIAID is interested in ethical, legal, and social implications studies involving infectious disease, allergy, autoimmune disorders, and transplantation.
In The News
To help alleviate stress on both your end and ours, we ask that you respond to us quickly when we contact you so that we can provide faster turnarounds and meet major deadlines.
NIH’s single Institutional Review Board policy will now go into effect on January 25, 2018, for all grants, cooperative agreements and contracts. The policy is designed to streamline the review process for human subjects protection in multisite studies.
- New NIH Resource Elucidates AREA Grant Application Requirements
- In Case You Missed It: Watch NIH Small Business Seminar
- Register for Human Subjects Protection Forum in September
NIH's Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools site offers many reports on NIH spending, as well as two key tools you can use to find collaborators: Research, Condition, and Disease Categories and RePORTER.
- I am a new investigator planning to submit a multiple-PI application. Will my new investigator status ensure special consideration for our application?
- What expenses are allowed on individual fellowships?
New Funding Opportunities
- PAR-17-329, NIAID Physician-Scientist Pathway to Independence Award (K99/R00)
- PAR-17-333, Exploratory/Developmental Investigations on Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases (R21)
- PAR-17-332, Small Grants on Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases (R03)
- PAR-17-438, Assay development and screening for discovery of chemical probes or therapeutic agents (R01)
- PAR-17-439, Limited Competition: Small Research Grant Program for NIAID K01/K08/K23 Recipients (R03)
- PA-17-445, Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications (ELSI) of Genomics Small Research Grant Program (R03)
- PA-17-446, Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications (ELSI) of Genomics Exploratory/Developmental Research Grant Program (R21)
See other announcements at Opportunities & Announcements.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com.